Up-coming season projections

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Josey Wales '94, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Josey Wales '94

Josey Wales '94 New Member

This looks to be a darn good year for us this year, deer wise. But, we have an elk hunt in Colorado, and opening days for both are the exact same. Of course the elk comes first.
    The deer population looks to be better than last year's, though last year we had two damn nice trophies by my standards. They're gone this year though. Also last year we had a small six and a four. I took the four on the second day of the season. Two does last season. And thats it.
    This season we have FIVE OR SIX different nice bucks. To me its looks like there is a small six, a tall six, two nice eights, and an even nicer eight. Two does and a little fawn. And also a bunny and some squirrels that hang around. And we have five coons. Heres some pictures.
    What are you guys seein this comin year?

7 30 2010 015.jpg

7 30 2010 124.jpg

7 30 2010 208.jpg

7 30 2010 229.jpg

7 30 2010 255.jpg

2. Josey Wales '94

7 30 2010 456.jpg

The message I entered was too short......

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You actually shot a 4 point? Just curious, why?

I have a nice 12 I've been seeing around lately. He is a big boy and way out past his ears. Of course, here in SE Ohio, we only get teeny deer...:rolleyes:

4. Josey Wales '94

Its the only buck that came round. At the first of the season there was the two does and that small six. We never saw this four on the camera, and he was as tall as the six, and we hadnt seen the six in a couple weeks so...... we don't take any does.
    Oh, and the two big bucks, the 8 and the 12, came in LATE December. With about a week of the season left.

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

They taste good!

Josey,It looks like you might have a good season this year. I put out a second feeder on my lease a couple weeks ago,and I'll be going back up there this coming friday to do some work on the owners place.So far I have some nice bucks up there and think I should get some different deer coming to the other feeder on the opposite side of the property.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. Josey Wales '94

The young ones are the most tender.:) Tx, how many acres you have? Where's the lease?