Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning my Droogies. I have found an old TITAN 25 Auto and I have been looking for info on it. I know about TITAN and Italy and that they imported them in the 60's but I have been unable to find one with the same stamps that mine has and was wondering if any of you guys could shine a light!

It is a Titan 25 and the stamps are as follows.

Left side of slide - <TITAN> CAL 25
Left side of frame - Serial # - B39565
Left side trigger guard below the serial # - G
Left side of barrel - 2 makers marks or forge stamps (will attach pic's)
Right side of frame under barrel - TITAN MFG. CORP. MIAMI. FLA.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Cant comment on how unique the markings are. The markings on the barrel are Italian proof and acceptance marks, meaning the barrel met Italian standards for pressure testing. The ”G” may refer to a region in Italy Or it could refer to a manufacturing run or series.

·
Administrator
26,578 Posts
Those started life as a Tanfoglio GT27. Then the 1968 Gun Control Act banned import of itty bitty guns, and those with low-melting point frames. Tanfoglio sent barrels with Italian proof marks to Excam in the states (later FIE) who made Zirmak frames, assembled with Italian parts, and you have a pistola!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this must be pre or post FIE because FIE isn't stamped anywhere. I have looked around and I can't find other examples with the exact same stamped markings on it...weird!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts