Unreal!!! Connecticut

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ctshooter, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

A state representative from the west haven area in Connecticut wants to put through legislation that would make public all pistol permit holders in the state.

Stop the insanity!!!

2. allegreenlee

allegreenlee New Member

His name is steve dargon (203)937-1985 call him and tell him what a moron he is

3. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Can't get through. His voice mail is full!!

4. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Mr. Steve Dargon is a very nice man. I spoke with him, and told him that this was a bad idea. He said he is just working to prevent tragedy, throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks. He seems to be a moderate democrat. He says he thinks the 2a is very important, and that the issue is not guns. He said he wanted to make the info public, but not in a list form. Sort of like marriage licenses.

IMHO, Mr. Dargon is simply a man trying to stop tragedies like this from happening. Also IMO he seems to backing away from this one. He says over 160 people have called him today. The number posted is the mans HOME PHONE! He was very gracious about me calling him at home, I apologized for doing that.

Could someone post a number to this mans office phone? It is not cool calling a guy at his house while he is with his family.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Everyone who talked to Ted Bundy thought he was a really nice guy. That is except his victims. They also found out too late.:(

6. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

You're apparently a very good person and very forgiving as well. He was probably well spoken, polite and impressed you. People like Mr. Dargon are brain dead where common sense and consideration are concerned for others. He must be well educated, but his mind is filled with too many so-called facts that he's swallowed over the years from his leftist colleagues and now he's incapable of separating fact from fiction.

Having his home phone ringing off the hook is far less of a concern than being a retired police officer and having his, or her family being located and stalked by someone he, or she put in the joint. He instigated this problem and any grief he gets is well deserved.

Exposing the names of licensed pistol holders in any way is idiotic and he was giving you double talk that made him sound very stupid. If people are already licensed then what's he even talking about when he mentions something public like a marriage license? You gotta tell him that public means just that, public! Also, seriously what purpose does making the names public serve?

Our President won't allow his school records to be made public, but we are an open book? We're responsible for ourselves and our families, but he's responsible for over 320 million American citizens and we're still not even sure where he came from. If Mr. Dargon wants to be useful then let him, since he's a know it all, solve that mystery.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

More knee jerk reaction from legislators who think the MUST introduce legislation to justify their existance. I prefer the guy who votes "NO" to everything. I forget where he's from.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

He is a fucking MORON! :mad: and if he doesn't like having his information published than he should think twice about publishing others! Lets see if he likes the same treatment that those twats from the Journal News got :cool:

just a start,

Stephen D Dargan
    215 Beach St
    West Haven CT 06516-6133
    203-937-1985

more contact info,
    http://www.housedems.ct.gov/Dargan/index.asp

9. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I think the legislators time could be better spent doing something that actually could do some good. If they want to make legislation "for safety" then how about something like mandatory gun safes. Most of the people I have talked to say that is something they can get behind.

Bottom line is none of us are the ones to blame for what happened in Sandy Hook. So why are we being demonized for it?

The last guy that started making lists like this also made the people on the list start wearing yellow stars on their clothes.

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Are you from Connecticut?

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Why would you feel bad about calling him at home? He wants to give out your home iinformation!

12. allegreenlee

allegreenlee New Member

You must be joking, he is a threat in my book .. I hope his phone is ringing off the damn hook

13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

He was fine with it. I just don't like calling a man at his house.

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

and I'm sure legally licensed gun owners don't like having criminals know the details of their household either :cool:

15. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

He was just wasn't a bad guy. I made sure he knew what he was proposing is dangerous, and awful. I told him his proposal was criminal.

He seemed to understand. That's why I said he isn't a bad guy. He backed down from the issue, seemingly he knew he was wrong.

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I'm not arguing that. Trust me when I say I let him know how awful this proposal is.

I think the man just made a mistake. Maybe not a mistake, a huge f**k-up. He seemed to to be backing away from it.

Let me be clear. If Mr. Dargon continues to push this piece of legislation, he will receive more calls from me. These calls will not be so nice.

CtShooter, I'm from CA. Not a anti, just maybe a little to forgiving at times.

17. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

You didn't tell him nothing he didn't already know and he told you what you wanted to hear. After all, that's why he's a politician. They're all flim-flam experts!

18. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I edited that post check it out again. I may have been too forgiving.

19. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

In my previous life I was in the company of 2 Presidents, 1 Vice President and had direct dealings with an assemblyman and congressman and that's not counting those who ran interference for them. I learned long ago where they were coming from, but at least I was alerted.

The average good guy like yourself, which isn't your fault, accepts them like you would anyone else you meet. That's only normal if they respond to you respectfully. That's a very big mistake. Their character cannot be defined as an every day kinda guy, or woman. They think at a different level from the rest of us.

You'd think that since many politicians are highly educated professionals, like doctors, lawyers, or business people, etc. that they're extremely intelligent, but many aren't. Look at Biden and Pelosi, just as examples. They depend on people stupider than themselves for whatever success they achieve. Guess that shows lots of stupid people out there putting individuals like these back in office over and over again. That is very scarey!

When Dargan said to you that he threw stuff against the wall to see what would stick was very telling about his character and intelligence. He had no intelligent input regarding guns in general, but he hoped he could get some mileage out of the Conn. tragedy that would give him good political publicity, but it backfired on him. The best thing to do is let those who know best how to deal with these people to do our talking for us.