Unpopular opinions as far as guns go

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BullMoose429, Sep 13, 2020.

1. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes- but 40 S&W has a higher capacity and more energy. If one were sacrificing capacity for more energy than 45 then I’d agree, but you’re getting more capacity and more energy

2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't either, but I won't let that feature keep me from buying something I like otherwise. I just happen to like S&W revolvers, and sometimes that leaves no choice. If the lock, which I have never locked, caused any issues, it would be a different story entirely.

BullMoose429 likes this.

3. Chainfire

I am a shooter that uses both hands on the pistol, It is called "gun control." so I would have to hold the light between my legs, which limits my mobility...;) If I am in my house, and I usually am after dark, I don't need a light to say, "Here I am."

sheepdawg, Pasquanel and Oldoutlaw like this.
  4. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

And then there is the FNX-45 with 15 of those slow, fat and ugly .45’s in every mag :eek:...of course it might be a stretch to truly conceal it :confused:

BullMoose429 likes this.
  5. BullMoose429

But a strobe can disorient an attacker so you don’t ever have to fire at them.

locutus likes this.
  6. Chainfire

You are right, they generally have poor triggers, but the ones I own are on pistols, that I would use, as a backup, in a point-blank situation. I would never notice the grittiness or poor break if the gun was stuck in some bad-guys belly.

rn-cindy and BullMoose429 like this.
  7. Chainfire

I have pistols that would only fail if a component broke. Revolvers have parts that break too.

Some of the suppositions that you have put forth, and I don't mean this in a mean way, make me wonder how extensive your experience with firearms is.

8. BullMoose429

I will say that the Ruger EC9S and LC9S have pretty good triggers.

9. Chainfire

Really? well, perhaps I should carry a pen sized laser, rather than a firearm.

My most likely use of a firearm, in a defensive situation, would be inside my house. If someone comes inside my house, after me or my stuff, I intend to leave them dead, not dazed. Dead men don't get second chances.

Oldoutlaw and locutus like this.
  10. BullMoose429

There is not a single auto loader on earth that cannot jam in conditions that a revolver would operate perfectly in. If you get large enough debris in your ejection port, your pistol will jam, my revolver won’t.

Comments like that make me wonder how much time you’ve spent in the wilderness- there isn’t a bear or moose hunter in the state of Maine dumb enough to rely on a pistol to protect themself from an angry bull moose, because that gun will jam once that moose gets you on the ground and into the mud or the swamp, and you will get gored to death by an antler.

Rifling82 likes this.
  11. BullMoose429

Yes- but dazed men don’t get you arrested. If you’re not trying to avoid killing someone at all costs- you’re being reckless and giving us all a bad name- you’re making all gun owners look like george zimmerman- a nutty cop wannabe trying to kill whoever he thinks looks suspicious.

12. Chainfire

I am going to rephrase something I said in another post, and this time less kindly and more succinctly, I think that for the most part, you posts, in this thread, are full of ****.
    Now you can whine and complain in a retort, which I am sure is coming, but I am done with you for now. Have a nice day.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The purpose of a defensive shooting is to terminate hostile and aggressive activity. Whether or not the aggressor lives or dies is irrevalant.

MstrMsn, AgedWarrior and BullMoose429 like this.
  14. BullMoose429

Like I said in a previous post- you clearly haven’t spent any time in the wilderness- if you had- you’d know that no auto loader can perform like a revolver. I live in Maine, I’ve lived in New Mexico, I’ve spent time in Colorado- I’ve never seen a bear guide show me his 45 acp 1911 for bear hunting or wildlife defense. Maybe you’re the Messiah of guns who knows better than the rest of us uneducated people, but it seems more likely that you just refuse to admit that the 1911 is not end all and be all of guns. Sorry- the 1911 (which is a great gun) has been surpassed in 100 years, and so has 45 acp. Hit the New England Big Woods, hit the desert, hit the Rockies, hit the High Plains, hit Alaska- and you’ll see what I mean

15. BullMoose429

The point is to eliminate the threat as quickly and as safely as possible- having as many tools at your disposal as you can is a good thing.

16. godale

godale Member

I
    replaced all my banners with 3200elites I won’t go back to a banner now , what a difference

17. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

Well, I just don't understand those of you who don't like the way the Glock feels in your hand but I do understand that if it does not feel right for you, that's it and you will not buy this Gun. Having said this, and having small hands, I did on all my past Glocks, even the one which was my duty weapon for 10 years, the only thing I did to make the Glock better for me, was to remove those Finger Grooves on Every Glock I have ever owned. Now I have a G43 and a G48 which are single stack magazines and these fit my hand perfectly! Thank you Gaston Glock for the Slim Line Glocks!

Maineiak, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I do like the slim line, I don’t think I like them enough to buy one but they do feel better

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Here's my unpopular opinion.

If you need more power than you get from a .357 magnum, YOU NEED A rifle!!

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Go salmon fishing. You'll want a pistol bigger than a .357.

BullMoose429 likes this.