Unpopular and biased opinions I hold.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Hermantheleverfan, Apr 11, 2019.

1. hotchilipowder1

hotchilipowder1 Member

Being lefthanded, I don't like righthand bolt rifles! I like CZ pistols! Ruger Vaqueros trip my trigger! 44 magnum Redhawks give me a real kick shooting them! I can take a shine to stainless guns of any kind! Reloading takes time but it's fun!

Hermantheleverfan likes this.
  2. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

I have 2 felonies on my juvenile record and served 6 months in Juvie for it. Tell me to my face that I don't have the right to own a gun to defend my family.

3. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I am conflicted about the whole felon thing. If you're doing a life sentence after you get out, what's the use of trying to do better?
    And if we're going to make everything a life sentence, why let them out at all? Just hang them and be done.

4. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have 2 felonies on my juvenile record and served 6 months in Juvie for it. Tell me to my face that I don't have the right to own a gun to defend my family.

As the laws stand, nope, you have no right to own or possess any firearms. You made a choice to do what got you into trouble, and now you have to live with those consequences of your choices. And two felonies? apparently, you didn't learn from the first one, so if you were expecting sympathy, not happening on my part.

Trust me, I have no qualms about saying the same thing to your face. If defending your family was such a priority, then maybe you should have made some better choices in life Maser.

5. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

So getting older and having kids magically makes A holes change? Your posting style supports my view that it doesn't and yeah...... Id tell you that felons should not be allowed to vote or own guns. .....right to your face. Either you think im not strong in my views or youre veiling a threat. If the latter.......thanks for proving my point

6. Hookeye

Btw.....on felons and rights......have told several to their faces my view

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Juvie records are normally sealed.

8. Hookeye

Yes . Kids can do stupid things. Some learn from it. Most do not. Even as adults that avoid legal issues....they usually have a crappy thinking process/social attitude that proves to be bad for the rest of us. Usually evidenced in their kids being major problems

Hermantheleverfan and Dallas53 like this.
  9. Hookeye

Way back i saw grandparents raising their grandkids......and thought that might break the cycle. Nope. Who raised the screwed up grandkids parents? If anything they screw it up worse 2nd time around. Worked in major manufacturing area and saw it over and over. Nice enough people..... clueless.....trash making more trash. Democrats every friggin one

10. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Yeah, in my state juvenile records don't carry over to adulthood luckily. Kinda sad there's people at a GUN FORUM who would deny someone their Second Amendment rights, but I guess that's the time we live in where Leftist SJWs who hate the Constitution exist.

11. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one man. That's why the sweeping, declarative statements about what to do are dumb. The situation isn't black and white in real life.

12. Hookeye

You may have adopted a right of center political view but you still dont get it. Grow up. There be men here

13. Hookeye

There are millions of non gun owning non voting non felons. They seem to get along w life.....hold jobs etc

14. Hookeye

Life should be more black and white on some things. Experience and the data support some our posters " unpopular" views.

15. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but just because something should be doesn't mean it is or will ever be.

16. Hookeye

Restoring gun rights is nothing noble. Its just part of the package....the one pushed by liberals to get more voting democrat.

17. Hookeye

To bring this back on topic......i greatly dislike democrats and Taurus firearms lol

1911NUT and Hermantheleverfan like this.
  18. Hookeye

When i started on this forum the Taurus topic came up and i relayed my experience having worked in a high volume shop for a couple of yrs. Prev work was in manufacturing and metallurgy. My dismal view of their stuff was metwith harsh criticism. imho much ofnit based on emotion and not facts. Some were happy w their purchases. Goody for them. I saw too many screwed up across different models over a wide range of time. This wasnt a bad batch type of thing. It was poor design manufacturing metallurgy and qc. The whole shebang. Maybe theyve gotten better. I dont care. The limbo that is/was their warranty return system......was horrible.

19. Hookeye

Thumb safeties dont bother me at all as long as they are push down to fire

20. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

You are a convicted felon. You should have no rights. You lucked out due to living in the state you live in, no more, no less.

As to saying it to your face, I have never posted something here that I would not say to a person, directly, should they be standing in front of me.

Now, I will also say this, it should depend on the type and nature of the felony, to a point, when it comes to restoring rights, or say the hiring of a convicted felon, as not all crimes are equal in their nature, IE violent vs non-violent crimes. I also know how easy it is to step in s*** that turns out to be neck deep, even when you don't intend to.

I could just as easily, have two felonies on my record, rather than having a clean record, simply due to my own reaction to the actions of another two men, when I was younger. having a good lawyer, and one being ruled SD, the other defense of another person, both with me having gone a bit too far, I could have two felony assault and batteries on my record. And a potential third one that I would still be serving time for.

In each case, totality of the circumstances is what kept me on the right side of the law.