Unknown Rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Gebusman, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Gebusman

Gebusman New Member

Hello,
    I have a rifle that I am unable to find any information on. This rifle came from a friend who's father-in-law past away and his Mother-in-law wants the rifle gone. I took a look at it and have not been able to tell really anything about this rifle, other then we know it is a 30.06. I have posted some pictures with it. It has some very nice engraving as well as a curious mount (possibly a scope mount?) and also what seems to be a couple stamps in the barrel. So I thought I would post it out there and see if any one might have information on these rifles.

Attached Files:

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

03 Springfield that has been sporterized.

I would buy that sucker. You can dump the stock and get another one. there are many wood and a few synthetic out there for it.

Over all the rifle looks in decent shape.

3. Gebusman

Gebusman New Member

What do you think something like this would be worth...I want to make a good offer if I decide to make an offer.

4. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

Defanately a Springfield 1903 that has been converted to a sporter.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Check the bore. There was a lot of corrosive ammunition back in the day.

Having been sporterized, it loses a lot of value. Unfortunately I don't know what it's really worth in that condition.

Check out Gunbroker and Surplusrifle.com

Here's a link to Surplus rifle: Surplusrifleforum.com • Index page

6. TOP PREDATOR

TOP PREDATOR New Member

looks like a 1903 springfield or a german 98 mauser. (i' just waking up, so eyes are a little blurry). the engraving looks as though it was homemade or added by an engraver many moons ago, which killed the collecting value of it.

however a very nice looking piece of history in either case.

if i were you, make sure it was safe to shoot, and since she wants it gone, offer $125 - $150 for it. (should be a fair price for the rifle as mentioned before the engraving pretty much killed the value).