Unknown 32 semi auto pistol

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by sixgundunn, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sixgundunn

sixgundunn New Member

I recently acquired a .32 caliber semi automatic pistol that has the head of mercury imprinted on the bakelite grips and a crown proofmark as well as the letters p.f.. Any information or advice anyone has on this gun would be appreciated.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
    I wish I could help you, but I can't seem to focus on the pistol's image through these small wires I use to connect with.

Could you post a couple of pics?

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'm sure someone here knows what it is, but we need some really good pics.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You are not holding the pistol close enough to the computer......

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum & yes (Pictures) would help.......................Kind of sounds like a Savage.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. sixgundunn

sixgundunn New Member

Thanks y'all. I will try to take some detailed photos and post them. The pictures I took weren't detailed. This gun has been a mystery. I've scoured all of my books and the internet and have come up empty handed. I am an avid collector and like everything antique, historical and downright unusual.

7. sixgundunn

sixgundunn New Member

Thanks

I am pretty sure it's an Arminius based on some other photos of more modern gun grips and emblems that I came across. I was actually able to take some great close up photos on my Droid, but am too computer illiterate to know how to attach them. Thanks for all the input. I have really enjoyed reading some of the posts. What a knowledgeable and entertaining forum.