Universal Throw Lever

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by jtischauser, Apr 2, 2014.

1. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

I just got mine in the mail.

New scope? No metal throw levers on the market yet? Or you just don't want to drop $80 on a lever for your $200 scope? Boom, Eagle Eye!!!

http://www.mgmswitchview.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Might be OK for target shooting or stationary varmint hunting but for normal hunting applications in my opinion NO! Could imagine it being bumped on something at a most inopportune time not realized by the hunter. Murphy is alive and well! I have no problem adjusting my power setting and have on many occasions. But someone is making some money off it! Kind of like titanium firing pins! All gimmicks in my opinion. The cool chicks diggit issue! :D

3. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

We use them a lot in 3-gun or any application where you're adjusting magnification a lot and need to do it fast. This is merely a $25 alternative to the much nicer $80 options on the market.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got an aluminum throw lever for my accupoint optic. the magnifier ring is very tight and not easy to move with gloved hands. the lever sticks out less than the one above but gives enough leverage to easily change from 1x to 4x with the rifle shouldered. they are definately a good piece of gear.

i like the fact the accupoint magnifier ring is tight and i dont like it being tight at the same time. one of these types of levers improves the function of the optic without sacrificing the stiffness of the adjuster ring staying where you set it.