Universal Health Care

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by right winger, Dec 21, 2008.

1. right winger

right winger New Member

I saw this on The Firearms Forum.
    Thought it was funny.

Subject: Universal Health Care - what the docs say...

When American Doctors were asked their opinion on some of the proposed
    Universal Health Care programs, here's what they had to say:

The Allergists voted to scratch it, and the Dermatologists advised not to
    make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the
    Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve, and the
    Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted;
    the Pathologists yelled, 'Over my dead body!'
    while the Pediatricians said, 'Oh, Grow up!'

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness,
    the Radiologists could see right through it,
    and the Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow,
    and the Plastic Surgeons said, 'This puts a whole new face on the matter.'

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward,
    but the Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the
    Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some ******* in Washington.

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

And of course, we'll get it up the backside too!

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

Meh...at the risk of stepping up on a pedestal, let me just say this: universal health care, in and of itself, is not necessarily a problem. The problem, in my opinion, is the vast army of illegal hispanics who are milking the system. I don't mean to be offensive; it's just something that I've seen firsthand in my line of work. Between ER visits from gang-related violence to repeat pregnancies, the cost of healthcare to illegals is easily in the hundreds of thousands per year, if not the millions, or even more. All they have to do is hide behind the language barrier and refuse to submit ID, and they still get treatment - with no questions asked.

Even accepting the premise that they still deserve healthcare free of charge, one still cannot avoid the problem of how much of a financial burden this is on society. Short of any serious changes in the laws, this is probably going to continue regardless of whether we have "free-market" or "universal" healthcare. Of course, for merely pointing this out, I probably run the risk of being called a bigot, "racist", etc. Frankly, all I care about is wanting to keep our healthcare system from collapsing into a third world dead-zone. One hospital that I've worked at is already in the process of closing due to this problem.

4. joseph engraver

joseph engraver New Member

Ti's is so close to the truth it could have been written by Mark Twain. I enjoy this Club House very much, even though I don't participate; I do admire your no B. S. Attitude.
    Merry Christmas from Mexico, where today's temp was 78 degrees and my wife caught three nice Jack Cravelle in the 15lb range from the beach
    Joseph engraver

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I hadn't seen this before, but now that I have, I have to say +1 and this is an instant classic.

Let's face it gang, with Barry in the White "Chocolate" House and with Biden as the back up, we are under siege. There won't be any reprieve until at least 2010 when we can vote some of these scumbags out - but in the meantime, we need to focus on what is most important to us and who matters.

Ammo and weapons in hand is more important that promises and intentions.

JD

6. chopkick

chopkick New Member

HERE! HERE! J.D. Well said.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What the hell are you smoking? I have had it (Military Health Care) It took me 6 years to get a tooth pulled that I broke on a military hamburger. Then when i got it pulled they half the root in my gum for 6 months. I had hearing loss from the military they wouldn't pay.

I got a flu shot and within 4 hours I was throwing up had the chills and a fever of 104.3*. I went to the ER they gave me 2l of Lactated Ringers and told me to go back to work. GO BACK TO WORK with a temp now of 103*. I talked to a doctor not in the military and was told to never get a flu shot again as I was allergic to it and I could have died. I COULD HAVE DIED AND THEY SENT ME BACK TO WORK.

I know a man in Canada that lost his son because he needed a CT scan and it was 200 miles away. Why because the government can not afford to put a CT scanner in every hospital.

So anyone who want it can kiss my azz as I will fight it to the death. Why in the world after watching the government screw up Social Security, Vietnam, Korea, Iraqi Freedom, the economy would you want these incompetent impotent *** hats running your health care? Give me a break government health care means people dying because they can't get to the life saving treatment they need because some **** with more money has it tied up in your area.

Please tell me why you wish to give up your healthcare to government control these yahoo's can't even take a dam dump without screwing it up. HELLO they just gave away billions of dollars to azz hats the rode there own businesses into the ground.

8. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

If you go back and re-read my post, you'll see that I never said universal health care was necessarily superior to free-market. Believe me, I've heard all of the military-hospital horror stories.

My point is that as long as one of the fastest-growing segments of the US population (ie, illegal aliens) continue to receive free health care at the expense of everyone else, it's not going to matter WHAT kind system we have: it will eventually deteriorate regardless. In fact, it already is deteriorating, in my view.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Not in my area we are getting a brand new state of the art hospital and another one is on the way. One is going for its Level 1 trauma cert.

But under any kind of social health care we would get a house with half *** doc in it.

We have the best doctors in the USA why? Because they can make good money.

How many illegals are getting free health care? I don't know and I am not sure anyone does. You can thank the PRK for starting all that bleeding heart crap. I think we should invade California and take it over and set it straight.

10. Steve-M

Steve-M New Member

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

Interesting article. I don't have time to read the entire thing atm, but I'm definitely bookmarking it to print out and read later. Thanks for posting.

TOS looks like an interesting journal. Never heard of it before, but I might have to look into it a little more :)

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

you cant blame everything on the "hispanics" yes they do suck it up but so do all of the white and black baby factories that dont work because they have welfare and medicaid and their drug dealing gang banger boyfriends that would rather rob someone than get a job and pay back into what they and alot of their families have raped out of this great country. every one wants to blame the mexicans for everything, "they took our jobs", you know why they took our jobs? because lazy americans dont want the job because its too hot or because their too good for the job. sorry just had to vent there.

13. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

I would say that is going a bit too far. They (illegal immigrants) took our jobs because greedy business owners can get illegals to do a job for $1.25 per hour instead of having to pay a legal worker minimum wage. Also, they (employers) would get out of paying for any benefits of any kind, vacation days, sick days, 401k plans, insurance, ect... Our jobs were given away by greed and most are actually being shipped out of the country to avoid having to hire any Americans at all!!!

I doubt than any body reading this is too lazy, thinks it's too hot, or feels that they are too good for any particular job. They are just unable to do it for less money than an illegal who is milking the system for benefits from OUR tax dollars to sustain themselves.

The bottom line is "the bottom line". Business owners do not care about race, creed, national origin, legal or illegal. They will exploit anyone who is willing to be exploited. Mexicans included. If they can get a job done for less money so their profit margin can increase then they will. Even if that means taking away jobs from American citizens. It's sad but very true.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You people just don't get it do you.

We all caused the problem. Now we want to blame the problem on someone else.

Why do you think farmers are only willing to pay a $1.25 an hour because they don't make anything on what they are producing. Do you want to pay $45 for 5# of apples for $3.99? Because if white and black americans did that job they would have to have a union then they would only work 4 hours a day and get a 30 minute break every 10 minutes. Then we would have to provide them with all sorts of nonneeded crap.

We created the job market for people willing to work for low pay and no benfits. Now you and everyone else is pissed when Mexicans and others come to this county to fill the job positions we created.

I am just so sick of hearing they took out damn jobs.

Can you be mad at chevy for making cars and truck to fill the needs of americans? NO.

So STFU and stop whining about it or do something about it. Go buy a farm and grow a crop then go to the welfare shop and try to hire AMERICANS to do the LABOR. Now after you sit there for a few days with nothing go to the 7-11 and holler "Need cinco for the day" and see how many jump out and mob your truck. So unless your willing to pay high pricess for produce and many other things stop whining abut it.

How many live and have worked in an area that lives and dies on migrant workers?

15. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

in regards to painted klown i didnt mean everyone but all those americans that have lived on benefits we work hard for to make sure they have free homes, food and medical. frankly im tired of it. most the people on welfare are just lazy americans that get more benefits than most hard working people. and i agree with you on the cheaper pay out for employing illegals.

and cpttango30, youve hit it on the head. farmers are some of the hardest working americans that i know. most dont even know what a 8 hr work day is or feels like, especially those that have farm markets aswell. i used to work for a farmer when i was a kid i guess you could say i was a beaner and im not ashamed of that for the slightest, working in the feild taught me alot about being a working man. that was some of the toughest work ive ever done besides when i worked in a steel foundry that was by far the hottest and hardest work ive done so far, and that was in the winter time

16. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

I agree 100% with all of this. I apologize as I read it as you were saying that we (Americans) were ALL too lazy, ect... to want to work. I have no sympathy for those who CHOOSE to not try to help themselves. To those who TRY to scratch out a living I am more than willing to lend an extra hand when times get tough....hard times fall on everybody every once in a while. :)

17. BPond

BPond New Member

Tango, I don't agree that the average American citizen is to blame. Like the saying goes, "Follow the money." Like nearly every else wrong with the current state of the Union, it can be traced back to the Federal government. Though the sheeple that continue to keep voting for Reps and Dems share some responsibility.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008