United Nations: “Cause” of injury list to exaggerate risks of firearms

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I wish I can make this crap up; but United Nations is at it again. If they can ban it; then, they will try an outlaw it based on made up stats!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/23/u...-injury-list-to-exaggerate-risks-of-firearms/

Get ready for gun control supporters bogusly to start claiming that firearms “cause” more injuries than more than 150,000 other factors. The United Nations’ World Health Organization is increasing its list of injury causes from 17,000 to 155,000, effective October 1, 2014.

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It's old news. The current list shows 17,000 firearms deaths. When they include suicides, police shootings, deaths in war and so on the number jumps to 155,000.

This is why we as gun owners must stay on the high road when it comes to statistics. All we have going for us is our credibility. If we spread lies because it is convenient those 100 million people who are fence sitters become anti gun.

3. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Oh man, when I read the part about injuries due to “Forced landing of spacecraft injuring occupant, initial encounter” I almost peed myself laughing.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

It more stats they what to push, they blame the object and not the individual.

5. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

One of the tenets of Progressivism is the idea that they are control freaks. They want to make people do things or not do things as the whim takes them. It is never about making something better no matter how they whine and cry about it. It is about power, plain and simple. The power to make the other guy do what they want.

No where in recorded history as far as I understand has someone ever told the political masters "You MUST pass a law against "X" or I am afraid I will go and do it!". Never. It is always about making the other guy do something against his will. Since Progressives are fundamentally cowards they have to use the Power of the State to FORCE you to comply rather then going next door and telling the other guy to knock it off.