Underfolder help

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Mosin, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I have a Yugo underfolder, with the nut on the side of the receiver that holds the stock to the receiver. If you have this type of AK, you know what I'm talking about. I believe it's referred to as a "castle nut".

There appears to have been a roll pin or some type of pin that is inserted through the nut to keep it tight. This piece has fallen out, and now my whole stock wiggles and must be hand tightened repeatedly.

Does anyone know what I need, in order to fix this, and where I could procure parts, including dimensions so I can get a replacement. It makes my AK basically un-shootable.

2. manny29

manny29 New Member

At any point did you take apart the whole locking mechegnism and if so did you reinsert all three pins back properly. Check centerfire.com thats where i got my new stock they also had entire kits for the uf

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Thanks Manny, no on the taking it apart. I was shooting at the range one day and the stock was wobbling really bad, throwing rounds all over the backstop. I looked at the castle nut and realized there appears to be a hole where a pin should go.

I was hoping someone here would know the dimensions as I'm on vacation and can't mike out my AK, but would love to stop into ACE hardware and pick up that part.