undercut and stippling!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jlee0812, Aug 29, 2013.

1. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

added a undercut to the G19 today... turned out pretty nice! fits my hand much better now..

ForumRunner_20130829_145625.jpg

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Not bad. Looks pretty good. Much higher bore axis now.

Good job.

3. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

Thank you. I shot it yesterday.. I was sorta having to adjust it upon drawing and follow up shots.. goes on target much easier now...

4. druryj

druryj New Member

What did you do? Just Dremel it out a little?

5. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

yes. with the soft sanding spindle

6. AdamSean

AdamSean New Member

The last couple of polymer guns I had a stippled all the way around. The only issue I ran into was my shirt getting snagged on the rough texture and exposing my pistol. I would also make it hard to draw the pistol from my jogging holster. So with this new one I tried something new. I first used the wood burning tool to melt down the checkering on the front and back of the grip. Do the undercut on the trigger guard and sand up the surfaces I modified. Then after smoothing all edges where I cut and melted, I did a micro stipple pattern on the front and back of the grip as well as under the trigger guard. I get the good grip and my clothing doesn't snag. It fits perfectly for me.

Nice work on yours.

This is how I stippled mine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Awesome job on both of these.. Next Glock or XD I buy I plan in modding this way.. Very cool!

8. AdamSean

AdamSean New Member

deadsp0t, here is my XD9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

Sweet work!!.. The XD is sick

10. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I like that!!

11. AdamSean

AdamSean New Member

While the XD looks cooler and feels a little better in the hand, the Glock just shoots better in my hands. And with the undercut and stippling I did, it fits my hand great.

Also, the XD is a 6 O'clock shooter whereas the Glock is a point of aim shooter. I like the Glock better as I simply point the gun and press the trigger.