Unbeliveable !!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ctshooter, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

So I was chatting with my step son today, who by the way is is in the Navy stationed overseas at one of the bases. Anyway were chatting about this and that, an I asked him if the shutdown is affecting them over there. His answer to me was " no extra pay at all" semi confused I asked if he was talking about overseas pay, and hazardous duty pay? He said that they are not receiving anything but their regular pay rate. Is it just me or is this administration trying to start some sort of problem tha really doesn't need to happen?

2. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Oh and yes the satellite feed for tv is and has been shut off since the shutdown began

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ask yourself, why would you destroy the moral of your own military?

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

They are creating hardships to prove a point and spending more to accomplish it. The least they could do is nothing and they won't even do that. :mad:

5. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

What I don't understand is a bill was voted on in both the house and senate, and then signed by the prez to pay our military. I just can't wrap my mind around partially paying them.

6. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That's all they have been trying to do since this started!!!!!

7. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

The only thing I can come up with is to make it so our guys and girls do not choose to re up when your 4 years are done. Why would you want that?? Well that way you don't have to worry about them making it in long enough to get the max benefits. Ie pension and such

What's your thoughts in your question?

8. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Ran into similar problems under Jimmy Carter got to the point that they were close to 20,000 Petty Officers (E4 and above) short in the fleet (that's 4 aircraft carriers worth of NCO's).

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

This results in higher unemployment and more people dependent on the government to get by.

10. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Obama has little if any respect for the US military or the people serving.

Simply put, don't expect anything from this man and you won't be disappointed.

11. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Trust me when I say my expectations are very low!!!

But I am also keeping in mind that are guys and girls serving have a contract, which if I am not mistaken covers things like how long you will serve, and other little things like getting paid.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I think that is well thought out and probably 90% of it. The other 10% remains to be seen. Just keep in mind he has been building his own private army.

13. lightning

lightning New Member

14. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

unfortunately, the public overwhelmingly blames this on the GOP. The polls don't lie when the numbers are this bad (not a 'margin of error' issue) so knowing that, of course the POS Obama Administration is twisting the nipples everywhere they can, because after all, they won't take the blame - the GOP will. With a completely complicit media, including the Jon Stewarts of the world, how can you go wrong?

I absolutely hate what our country has become. I don't blame Obama per se (there have always been confused, radical idiots), but rather, the electorate. I believe same electorate will keep electing Dems for the foreseeable future. Because we collectively are now officially stupid.

in other words,

we are in trouble, Boys!

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

They have always blamed the GOP in these situations. Because most the time Dems in DC will play the victim and say look what those meanies are doing. Never mind that BOTHY sides had made a stand. It can easily be said the left was unreasonable and hence the shot down.

The bottom line is those hard line tea party reps did EXACTLY what the ones that elected them to office expected. So really if you want to see it properly it's a matter if many Americans seeing it as wrong to have their elected officials reflect the will of those that hired them. People look at me funny all the time when I say I do not care what any elected official thinks about anything. It's not his/her job to have an opinion. It is his/her job to reflect the will of those they represent. Forcing their opinions on any policy or law is just an example of their desire for power to have the people live under the force of their will and opinions.

Sadly the best way to get Americans all bound up is to inhibit their leisure. That's why the parks, monuments are closed. The administration does no have great support form military personnel so they have to feel the effects of those bad GOP demons as well. I mean, why else block vets but allow illegals to use closed facilities?

No one seems to understand that both sides have been drawing a line in the sand. The left is just used to getting their way so they will cry the loudest when they don't. And being many Americans really don't want responsibility for anything they are loving these power junkies that offer maximum returns on the least possible effort. So a government does spoon feed them he most will have the a strong following. How else can you have an opinion that an American has a right to healthcare? You have the Right to purchase it. I think you should have the right to cross state lines to allow more competition to purchase it. But the idea that we are owed it as a birthright as an American...? No

16. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

It seems to me those tea party reps are being honest to those who worked for them and elected them. They said what they would fight for and where they drew a line in the sand. They were elected on that basis and now they are delivering the goods to those who elected them.

Funny how we call such courage and honesty "hard line", isn't it?