UN Small Arms Treaty

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by fireguy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. fireguy

fireguy New Member

2. bkt

bkt New Member

The U.N. can go piss up a rope. No treaty can step on the Constitution. Any president or congress that lets this happen tells us all we need to know.

Oh, and "prohibition never works". Don't forget that.

3. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

If this does pass the UN needs to remember one key thing... Blue helmets do not make for good camoflauge.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Fireguy,

Anything involving the UN P---- Me Off! Wish we would advise them we were withdrawing from the group. They have used the US as a patsy for years. The instigate issues and then want us to pay and take care of it.
    Anyway I waive the banner of our Second Amendment Rights on the back window of my Yukon XL as I travel the US for business.

I bought the graphics from Culpepper and Gadsden.

It is large whit graphics and it states:

DON'T TREAD ON ME! With the Snake Emblem. Over the top of that I have a large Graphic of an AR-15 Rifle with the saying under it of "COME GET IT!"

I also got a nice T-Shirt from them that states: "PEACEFUL BUT PREPARED!"

And I literally mean it. The day they try to come and take my weapons oh well! They will just have to find out !!!!

5. opaww

opaww New Member

Fu_k the u.n.

6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Every gun owner should be aware of legitimate threats to our 2nd Amendment rights. This one is not a threat to our gun rights. No treaty can trump the US Constitution. There is a UN Resolution stating that the UN will not get involved in gun rights.

This stuff has been on the internet ever since Obama took office. The likes of Bell and Dudley Brown keep this lie alive.

Snopes on the UN Small Arms Treaty:

snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

International Gun Ban Treaty? | FactCheck.org

7. freefall

freefall New Member

In the immortal words of my friend the ficticious Emmett Sutherpuk, "Eff those effin' effers".

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

U.S out of the U.N. and U.N. out of the U.S.

9. hawkman3111

hawkman3111 New Member

I agree that no treaty can override the constitution HOWEVER, the danger here is VERY real. Im pretty sure the current president doesnt like guns and doesnt like people owning guns. If he can find a way to swing it by hook or crook he will probably go for it.

Can you imagine an international coalition of euro soldiers going door to door taking our guns? No, it wont be the guys with blue helmets, wed kill all of them right away.

10. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

I wonder what the US Military's response would be to such an event. (theory craft yay :D ) I can only assume they would not be to pleased with foreign soldiers bringing arms to bear on American citizens. But at the same time the commander in chief would probably tell them to not interfere... The question is would they obey that command. I don't think they would, personally.

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks Davo.

I still hate the U.N.

13. opaww

opaww New Member

This has been going around sense before osamaobama even got elected. The treaty is not an actual document yet and has not been voted on. The issue has supporters though and if such a treaty ever does raise its head then you can bet klinton and her love toy osamaobama will want it signed.

How ever this does not make it binding or law in America, until congress ratifies the treaty. If they hold off until sometime in 2012 then they might get enough anti-gunners in congress to vote for it sense most pro-gunners are really sheep and wont vote or will keep voting for the same POS they always have.

The original concept of the treaty was not to interfere with internal laws of the state. Rather it was to stop importation of arms used for genocide in the countries like Darfur, The Congo, and a few others. What will actually be in the treaty once it is written is anyone’s guess.

If by chance the treaty is total anti-gun and is signed by klinton and Bo-Bo-obama, and should congress ratifies it then to me that is an act of war against the rights of the people of America and should require retaliation.

14. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

As I understand it, all it would take for the guys in the blue helmets to look the other way is about $5.00. That organization is more corrupt than Chicago politicians. Besides, have you ever heard of UN troops winning a firefight?

15. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

Me too, it was supposed to replace the utterly useless League of Nations and has proved to be just as useless and a money pit to boot, as are all bloated bureaucracies. UN "Peacekeepers" have stood by and watched as millions of people have been massacred in Sudan, Somalia and many more. There's always some progressive elitist in that organization suggesting a global tax or global control.

If I were king for a day the US would be out of the UN and the UN would be out of the US and not a single penny would go to them.