Ultimatum

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by silverado113, Apr 25, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Alright so the other night in a conversation between my nephew, his girlfriend, my wife and I, somehow I uttered, "if you gave me an ultimatum to choose between keeping my guns or keeping my wife, I need to buy more ammo".:D Ha, that didn't go over so well, but I know the old lady would NEVER do that. Just wondering though if you were put in that situation of getting rid of your firearms or your significant other; which one would you choose?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

She knows better than to even go there :D Guns are are part of our life and lifestyle
    The first wife did and you see Im on #2 now and have been for almost 11 yrs

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I got a gun for my wife. Best trade I ever made! Lol

4. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

My wife is a police officer and I am a private investigator.

I doubt that would ever happen. I'm one of the lucky ones!

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

My wife told me that if I went shooting one more time, she was going to leave. I kinda miss her!

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

My firearms have been part of my life for longer than ive been married. If that ever turned out to be unacceptable to her... she knows where the door is.

But for me i chose her wisely and she knows how important shooting is to me :) same as i know how important her horse is to her. I would no more deny her, her passion in life than she would me

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If it really came down to it and she pissed me off over the topic. I would make it perfectly clear that a break open 12 gauge would allow me in the back door. Lmfao

8. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

If one found themselves in such a position, then they picked a spouse without vetting her enough before taking the vows. Simple as that.

Mine (no. #2 also) was the driving force in me setting up my FFL. She's my accountant for the business. She now owns three handguns of her own along with having her CCW. I just finished restoring a Forehand revolver of hers from the late 1800s that has been in her family for three generations and is now on the bookcase in the living room in a display case. Her grandfather's shotgun is next.

Eat your hearts out, guys!! :D

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its called process by elimination, you should know the stances of your other half well before you get married. If you happen to date someone that is anti-gun, anti-beer, anti hot-rod, anti-cooking, anti scratching yourself while watching tv, etc then you find one that isnt anti-everything.

But if my wife suddenly gave me the ultimatum of her or my guns??

I just popped open a cold beer and i need to clean my 1911..... i'll get back with you.

10. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Agree w vetting. Failure to vet could result in half of everything you own walking out the door w her. In the hell hath no furry mode, she might even take half your firearms - just for spite.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i am on wife #3 and we have no problems when it comes to firearms. she enjoys shooting and i have bought her a couple of guns of her own.

first two wives tried to restrict my gun purchases and when i could go shooting or hunting. they became ex-wives!

12. opaww

opaww New Member

I traded my ex-wife for a cheep bottle of scotch and a pack of smokes, best deal I ever got.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Every few years I get ANOTHER woman, 'I can't handle you shipping out, it's that or me'. Good riddance to all of them. I might never get married, but damnit, I'll have traveled the world and done more than any woman could've offered me. So yeah, between guns and a woman, given the choice, I'd take a gun magazine over any broad.

14. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

SWMBO and I got into firearms together... she owns more than I

She's such a special person, I would have to think long and hard about your example.

15. gollygee

gollygee New Member

My wife has been very supportive of my addiction, although she can't understand it, so I'm happy that I'll never need to make that decision. But just for the sake of argument, we've been married 54 years & that little lady has put up with a lot from me over all those years. Reckon I'd have to keep her! :)

16. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Wife and I been married 14 years and I did what any gun owner would, converted her to a pistol toting, shotgun loving, deer eating, democrat. Well I'm still working on the democrat part but 3 outta 4 ain't bad...lol

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If your "significant other" has just given you an ultimatum over ANYTHING, well...........

Remember the Indiana Jones flick- the bad guy has just drank from what he THOUGHT was the Chalice of Christ-the Holy Grail- and aged 2000 years in 5 seconds, turning to dust? As the Knight Templar said- "He chose.......poorly."

Married life is a series of compromises- and knowing when you should not expect the other to give on something that is important to them. It is also imperative that you EACH figure out what is important to the other before getting hitched.

Anyway, what the heck do I know- only been married once.

18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

So how was marriage in the stone age?...lol

19. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

That reminds me! I'm out of Johnny Walker! Damn, I knew I forgot to stop while I was out yesterday. :p

20. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I kinda like it myself

20120425_203351-1.jpg