Uh, Not to Sound superstitious, but

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Jul 13, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Happy Friday the 13th.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Oh, geeze. I'm on vacation and probably would never have noticed. I'm taking my Dad to the hospital today for some treatments. I wish I didn't know it was Friday the 13th. :(

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yeah- to all the triskadecaphobes out there- BOO!

Our youngest daughter was born on a Friday the 13th.

4. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

It's my wife's birthday as well.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Really shouldn't effect you unless you are a Knight's Templar and "owe" a ton of money to the King of France as unfair taxes, but the true Month is October, Friday the 13th. :eek:

It be just another day for me - not unlucky at all. At least I hope not... I have a job interview today and I am really hoping for good news. :eek:

JD

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

It seems that Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day for me. I hope it holds true today, as my interview with the court appointed guardian is today...
    She just called, she'll be here around noonish.

7. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I was born on the 13th , 13 has always been a lucky number to me :cool:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

It is my understanding that the 13th is more likely to fall on a Friday than any other day of the week.

Good luck Trip!
    If it goes south, give her a roofiecolada so she won't remember. ;)

I think they call the Glock area "the lumberyard". ;) Try some different handguns before making a final decision; some people MUCH prefer revolvers for their simplicity of use and perceived reliability.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Didn't have to slip her a roofie, we had a really nice chat. A lot of laughing and joking around. She's married to a Marine vet too, so we already had some common ground. I gave him directions to the north Louisiana military museum (so that we could have our interview in private) which happens to also be owned and operated by a Marine vet who had the same job I did (light machine gunner) except he did it in Vietnam. He is also a friend of mine :D

Overall, a great visit. I felt like it was a victory. She has a list of all my ex's dirty laundry and she's not impressed with her at all.

I stole a quote from the forum, success is like wrestling with a gorilla. Don't quit when you get tired, quit when the gorilla gets tired. I wrote it on the bathroom mirror. When the lady came out of my bathroom, she asked me "how's the gorilla doing?" I told her I'm wearing him down a little more everyday.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

That is good news Trip!

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I changed my avatar just for the occasion

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Good luck, JD. I wish you the best.

I hope all goes well. So far, so good.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The best of luck to everybody and I hope things went well.

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Paradoxically, Friday the 13th has always been my good-luck day. Speaking of which, let me quickly check my lotto tixs. ;)

15. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

We had more than our fair share of crazy calls last night.

The Queen of England was raped and sodomized by none other than than Gwenneth Paltrow. She did not really want to make a police report. She just wanted some cigarettes.

The King of Canada was being held against his will at a nursing home.

Yes, both were living at assisted living/nursing homes for the emotionally disturbed.

16. vincent

vincent New Member

"I don't believe in superstition, it's bad luck"....Yogi Berra :D

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thanks. The interview went really well. One face to face and two over the phone interviews from their office. It's between me and 1, possibly 2, other people. I am hoping to know something by Weds at the latest. *fingers and toes crossed!*

:eek: The attention to detail in the Queen of England case is staggering. :eek: Who knew Gwenneth Paltrow was such a freak?!?! ;)

There is a King of Canada? Who knew?? :confused:

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Good Luck my friend. I'm sure you'll do well. [​IMG]

Knee-mail inbound.