Retired
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Friday the 13th.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
Happy Friday the 13th.
Oh, geeze. I'm on vacation and probably would never have noticed. I'm taking my Dad to the hospital today for some treatments. I wish I didn't know it was Friday the 13th. :(

·
Administrator
26,134 Posts
Yeah- to all the triskadecaphobes out there- BOO!

Our youngest daughter was born on a Friday the 13th.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Really shouldn't effect you unless you are a Knight's Templar and "owe" a ton of money to the King of France as unfair taxes, but the true Month is October, Friday the 13th. :eek:

It be just another day for me - not unlucky at all. At least I hope not... I have a job interview today and I am really hoping for good news. :eek:

JD

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
It seems that Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day for me. I hope it holds true today, as my interview with the court appointed guardian is today...
She just called, she'll be here around noonish.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
It is my understanding that the 13th is more likely to fall on a Friday than any other day of the week.

It seems that Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day for me. I hope it holds true today, as my interview with the court appointed guardian is today...
She just called, she'll be here around noonish.
Good luck Trip!
If it goes south, give her a roofiecolada so she won't remember. ;)

We have areas that are item specific. Glocks even have their own area (but I don't know why...)
I think they call the Glock area "the lumberyard". ;) Try some different handguns before making a final decision; some people MUCH prefer revolvers for their simplicity of use and perceived reliability.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
orangello said:
Good luck Trip!
If it goes south, give her a roofiecolada so she won't remember. ;)
Didn't have to slip her a roofie, we had a really nice chat. A lot of laughing and joking around. She's married to a Marine vet too, so we already had some common ground. I gave him directions to the north Louisiana military museum (so that we could have our interview in private) which happens to also be owned and operated by a Marine vet who had the same job I did (light machine gunner) except he did it in Vietnam. He is also a friend of mine :D

Overall, a great visit. I felt like it was a victory. She has a list of all my ex's dirty laundry and she's not impressed with her at all.

I stole a quote from the forum, success is like wrestling with a gorilla. Don't quit when you get tired, quit when the gorilla gets tired. I wrote it on the bathroom mirror. When the lady came out of my bathroom, she asked me "how's the gorilla doing?" I told her I'm wearing him down a little more everyday.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
It be just another day for me - not unlucky at all. At least I hope not... I have a job interview today and I am really hoping for good news. :eek:

JD
Good luck, JD. I wish you the best.

Didn't have to slip her a roofie, we had a really nice chat. A lot of laughing and joking around. She's married to a Marine vet too, so we already had some common ground. I gave him directions to the north Louisiana military museum (so that we could have our interview in private) which happens to also be owned and operated by a Marine vet who had the same job I did (light machine gunner) except he did it in Vietnam. He is also a friend of mine :D

Overall, a great visit. I felt like it was a victory. She has a list of all my ex's dirty laundry and she's not impressed with her at all.

I stole a quote from the forum, success is like wrestling with a gorilla. Don't quit when you get tired, quit when the gorilla gets tired. I wrote it on the bathroom mirror. When the lady came out of my bathroom, she asked me "how's the gorilla doing?" I told her I'm wearing him down a little more everyday.
I hope all goes well. So far, so good.

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best of luck to everybody and I hope things went well.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
We had more than our fair share of crazy calls last night.

The Queen of England was raped and sodomized by none other than than Gwenneth Paltrow. She did not really want to make a police report. She just wanted some cigarettes.

The King of Canada was being held against his will at a nursing home.

Yes, both were living at assisted living/nursing homes for the emotionally disturbed.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Good luck, JD. I wish you the best.
Thanks. The interview went really well. One face to face and two over the phone interviews from their office. It's between me and 1, possibly 2, other people. I am hoping to know something by Weds at the latest. *fingers and toes crossed!*

We had more than our fair share of crazy calls last night.

The Queen of England was raped and sodomized by none other than than Gwenneth Paltrow. She did not really want to make a police report. She just wanted some cigarettes.

The King of Canada was being held against his will at a nursing home.
:eek: The attention to detail in the Queen of England case is staggering. :eek: Who knew Gwenneth Paltrow was such a freak?!?! ;)

There is a King of Canada? Who knew?? :confused:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Thanks. The interview went really well. One face to face and two over the phone interviews from their office. It's between me and 1, possibly 2, other people. I am hoping to know something by Weds at the latest. *fingers and toes crossed!*
Good Luck my friend. I'm sure you'll do well.

Knee-mail inbound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts