U.S. Remington 03-A3 info and value

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jr95, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jr95

jr95 New Member

I have My grandfarther's Remington 03-A3 and was just told by a local Gun dealer that it was worth at least $1,000. This A3 was is in such good shape that he was real impressed. It has no rust, no wood damage, all the parts are are oem and I have shot it a couple of times. Is this something that is of great value. i will take some pictures and try to up load them. Thanks

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

A 1903-A3 that is original (no rebuild) and in excellent condition can easily be worth $1000. As your Grandad's rifle, it is priceless.

By all means, DO shoot it- but make sure you know how to take care of it. You do NOT want to "refinish" anything.

3. jr95

jr95 New Member

Just got off the phone with my father and tried to get more history on the gun. My grandfather did a very short time in the US Army. Less than a year LOL. and does not know how he came about the gun and thinks that may have brought it home with him. here are are some pictures. I wold like to realy get it aprased and get a true value any ideas???

Attached Files:

4. jr95

jr95 New Member

a few more, Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

JR,

I have one also that I have had for years and doesn't even have the finish off the bolt face. I fire it about 5 rounds every other year or so for nostalgic reasons. And I would not take a $1000 for it and yours looks in excellent condition also. $1000 is a little light on value! There are not many out there in the condition of our rifles! You need to look closer to $2500 :)

6. jr95

jr95 New Member

When the gun dealer told me $1,000 I was thinking $2,000. He would get it and make atleast another gran off it. That is why i need to look at some where I can get it aprased.