U.N. treaty?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ray_Ray, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Ray Ray,

Thank you for forwarding the questionnaire. I have already contacted Senator Corker and Congresswoman Black who is an NRA Member here in Tennessee. And they have unequivocally advised in personal correspondence with me that they are totally against the Obama administration promoting the UN getting involved in the Second Amendment Issues as well as any other United States domestic business.;)

Attached Files:

3. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

I don't think the average uninformed American knows what this means for our freedom if this allowed to happen. I have also contacted my congressmen from Alabama, still waiting on response.

4. american121

american121 New Member

5. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

Please don't tell me you buy into what Alex Jones is saying? My ADD will not let me watch all 46 minutes of him.... sorry

6. DerickVonD

DerickVonD New Member

Alex Jones is a fear mongering bull**** artiest, to quote Bill Cooper. Bill Cooper I like, too bad he killed. Alex Jones spreads a bunch of propaganda. A lot of what he says is true, but a lot of it is lies and if you notice he never gives any solutions he just spreads fear. I used to listen to Alex, but then I wised up.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

This should really be in the politics thread where it has been watched and kept track of and discussed in great detail. You guys should consider becomming supporting members if not for all the other benefits just to be informed on what's going on with the att.

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Since it pertains directly to law (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) regarding firearms, it belongs right here. Look at the sticky section above the normal posts - there's a thread already going.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You're the boss. I still suggest becoming supporting members. Well worth the investment.

10. Rarity

Rarity New Member

I signed the petition, and it seems as though the petition is being signed by multiple people every few seconds. Which is great to see.

11. american121

american121 New Member

Taps

I'll play TAPS for you.

12. bkt

bkt New Member

No disrespect intended, but Alex Jones isn't exactly the most reliable source you can find out there. He's right enough of the time to keep a following but wrong much of the time.

There's enough going on that we don't really need to seek out deep, dark, under-cover conspiracies. It's all in your face right now.

13. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

One day I will invest and become a supporting member. But like a lot of Americans its just not in the budget right now.

14. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

You can play the star spangled banner, still won't get me to listen the black helicopters flying out of his face.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Understandable times are tough for us all.

16. billt

billt New Member

+1 !

This guy could ruin anyone's day. Mr. Gloom & Doom personified. From banksters to Bilderberg, the world is coming to an end every 15 minutes. He has more conspiracy theories than the Kennedy assassination.

17. opaww

opaww New Member

Here is the release of the first draft of the ATT

http://iapcar.org/?p=970

It is the most worthless bill I ever seen

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

So as I'm reading this our right to self defense is going to be inter alia.
    Gun owner registration is required.
    Increased national laws and regulations on transfers.
    Increased monitoring and control on imports.
    Increased control of sales.
    Had to stop at international cooperation.

19. Ray_Ray

Ray_Ray New Member

Fun times huh?

20. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

This is the response that I received from my Senator regarding the communist drivel coming from the U.N.:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. I'm grateful for your thoughts and for the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, in October 2009, under the direction of President Obama, the U.S. voted to participate in the negotiation of United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in the United Nations General Assembly. The purpose of this treaty is to create a set of international standards for the import, export and transfer of conventional arms. The U.N. held a conference in July of 2012 to finalize this agreement, but the conference ended without a final deal. As the process currently stands, I am concerned that the Arms Trade Treaty poses serious dangers to the constitutional rights of Americans. Our Second Amendment rights are not negotiable.

It is evident to me that certain parts of the treaty challenge our individual freedoms. One clear example is the limitation of the transfer of arms within member states. Additionally, the treaty is also designed to control the transfer of arms from non-state actors, placing the burden of controlling crime on law-abiding citizens instead of on the member states of the U.N. For these reasons, I have co-sponsored the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act (S.2205), a bill which prohibits funding to negotiate a U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that restricts the Second Amendment rights of U.S. citizens.

As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, please know that I am following the development of this treaty process closely. I appreciate your opinions, and I look forward to serving the people of Florida.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
    United States Senator"

I email him so much that I am beginning to think that we are on a first name basis.:D