Type of Friends I Keep

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Aug 7, 2014.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I was going through my old address book (yeah, the one with little pieces of paper sticking out, with phone numbers forgotten, and addresses that are no longer valid).

I was looking at the names of friends and past acquaintances and realized something.

Those I keep as friends run the gamut from red necks to nerds to millionaires.

But they all have one thing in common.

They are true to their word, hold up to a promise, and keep the vows and oaths they have taken.

2. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Apparently, mine are mostly old.
    Seems I have to cross more out every year.

3. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

I only have 1 who lives in another state, seems every time I make a friend they turn out to be jackasses who end up trying to use me for money and I don't tolerate those kinda people at all so technically I have no friends :-(

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have only a handful. But they're good friends.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am blessed. I have several good, honest, loving friends that I know I can depend on at any given moment.

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have many acquaintances, but only a couple good friends.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i was told i don't play well with others, so i don't have any friends!:D

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

There are a few people who would bail me out of jail, but none who would go with me.

9. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I keep my friends few and far between. I never found a better companion than guns and working.

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

I don't have a lot of friends, but am often amazed at the quality of friends God has blessed me with. My goal is to be as good of a friend as they have been to me, the bar is set high.

11. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

Only a few friends in my whole life. I am a very loyal type and have always been dissapointed by so called friends...I don't really kep but one or two ever....usually none. I have made peace with doing things alone a lot....

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

Honor seems to be getting harder to find? Either that or my standards are going up.

Tack

13. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Being a submariner, I have friends in low places.

I can count on them though.

14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a few friends. But no real close ones. I know several people in law enforcement. I hunt with them once a year. We paintball 3 or 4 times a year. But I don't have any friends that I hang out with on a regular basis. I see my IDPA shooting mates once a month. But that is about the only time I see them, unless we run into each other at Cabelas.

I have spent the last 19 years building a life with my family and working hard to make a living. I am one of those people that could live in the middle of a forest as long as I have my wife and kids. My wife on the other hand spends a lot of time with her girlfriends. Most nights my front porch looks like a scene from "Desperate Housewifes".

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

sounds like me!:eek:

most of my really close and dear friends don't live close anymore so i don't see them very much.

yep. as long as i have the wife, i'm a happy camper. she really is one of my best friends.