type 99

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by primer1, May 8, 2012.

1. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I picked up an arisaka at the gun show, mum is ground, some rust on end of bolt/safety, no bayonet, in generally good shape. 175$. Decent price, isn't it?

ForumRunner_20120508_111118.jpg

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would think so. For that price I would buy it.

3. primer1

That's what I thought. Was last show until fall. He had 200 on it, I haggled him down to 175. He kept saying "why do you have to keep banging me down!" I told him I didn't need it.Lmao he still sold it :)

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Its a decent price... I paid $200 for mine with the mum, but from everyone says Arisakas are cheap where I live...

Have you shot it yet? :D

More pics! do you know if its a "last-ditch" or not?

5. primer1

Haven't shot it, I was out of money to buy ammo, which happens alot at those shows. :) all numbers match that I could find, two on the bolt and one on receiver. Last ditch definition?

6. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

When Japan started to lose the war (after 1942, I think?) they started making their guns of lower quality.. Many have wood buttplates, no provision for the monopod, no Anti-aircraft sights, and are so crude they make a Mosin look like a Weatherby :p.. Last ditch ones may or may not be safe to shoot, depending how bad it is.

Just about all the parts should have a SN.. The receiver should have the full # the rest of the parts the last 3 digits.. Have you taken it apart yet? The're very easy..

Do you reload? It makes the ammo much cheaper, you can cut down and reform .30-06.... My Arisaka was the reason I started..

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

If it were last ditch, it would have a wood butt plate and a crude peep sight attached to the receiver.

8. primer1

Not a last ditch. I'm impressed the way the sight flips up for long range adjustments.

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Not bad, not bad at all, I would give a 175 buck for it.............