Two Weeks in Hell

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Jan 10, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Watched this on the Discovery channel this weekend. It chronicles the 2 week Special Forces selection course - where tough soldiers try to earn the right to try for a Green Beret. Roughly half of the folks made it and were selected, to say this is a tough process is a huge understatement. The reward for being selected is another year of increasingly tough training and if you make it - you get to wear the Green Beret.

Huge props and sincere respect for the folks that choose this honorable calling. If you get a chance to watch this - it's worth the time...

2. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That is one tough road, brother. They are some of our finest soldiers. I attended a 3-week course run by SF--most of them senior NCOs--and above and beyond their skill and professionalism, they were some very decent, good people. I learned a great deal from them. Wish that some of my Marine training had been as good as that course.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I saw it last night. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

4. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Did you see Jack in there, or did he go through back 'fore cameras were invented? :)

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

No BS, those guys are well prepared for combat under the worst of conditions!

RESPECT

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm pretty sure that Jack probably trained some of the instructors on the show...

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive seen it a couple of times now and its still good the 3rd and 4th time. brings back all the memmories of basic and ait even tho it was not nearly that tough.

im still upset the col. sent his pet kissup to sniper school. the guy couldnt shoot. he got dropped from the course the first 2 days...

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Yes. When I went through, and graduated class 4-82, They had them court reporter artists out there drawing pictures of the course going ons. ;)