Two valuable lessons

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by longunner, Aug 31, 2012.

1. longunner

longunner New Member

I learned two valuable lessons today...the hard way. Number one: don't leave your bottle of Hoppes 9 on your table OPENED. Number two: don't leave your smartphone next to the OPEN BOTTLE of Hoppes........:mad:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Gravity. Not to be trusted!

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Beats knocking it over onto a gun you just stripped and degreased for reblueing. I learned the hard way a while ago. Always recap immediately. Hoppes your phone cleans up ok. Lol

4. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Yikes! Those are good lessons. I am glad the last time I bought Hoppes I went with the Hoppes Elite in the spray bottle.

5. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Hoppes you got insurance on that phone.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

ive lost like half a bottle before when i had not closed it and it while cleaning.. i also learned to recap IMEDAITELY. luckily for me it was just onto a rag and not anything important

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Save a small bottle with a closeable spout- like a Rem-Oil bottle. Transfer your Hoppes to that. Does not spill, you can put a couple of drops on a patch or brush with getting the whole bottle dirty by dunking a bore brush.

You do not want to know how many bottles I spilled before I learned that little trick. My kids thought my cologne smelled like Hoppes.

8. longunner

longunner New Member

Not a bad idea at all.....now alll I have to do is use up all my rem oil lol shouldn't be so hard to do.

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My bottle has a little spout on it that you can close so even if I left it open and it fell only a small amount would spill.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I save the little medicine dosing cups. I pour the Hoppe's in, close the bottle and put it away. The little cups don't hold up very well, and people that are lucky enough to shoot more than I do won't be able to do this. I get maybe ten uses out of each cup before they get too messed up.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Ooooo.......I love it when men smell like Hoppes. [​IMG]

I pour some Hoppes into a separate container, too.