Two stage trigger?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Gojubrian, May 15, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Is the two stage trigger worth the extra $$?

I'm buying a stripped lowed and seperate LPK, but the two stage trigger would cost as much as a second LPK.

I'm not hunting dogs at long distances, I'll be shooting paper at 100yrds or less more than likely.

Thanks for your input.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have on in my AR15 and one in my 10/22. I personally think they're worth it. They help me a lot with accuracy.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would go for it. I was hesitant about the two stage when I got mine. Now I love it. Do you need no. Is it nice HELL YEAH.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I opted for a single stage for mine. I like the feel better on a rifle used mainly for punching paper.

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

6. jhog

jhog New Member

Or you could do what I did. Buy a Bill Springfield LPK w/3 or 4#single stage trigger. Works great for me.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have a Springfield 2-stage trigger on my AR and love it. He's a good guy, too.

8. lancelot86

lancelot86 New Member

I do a lot more tactical shooting than from the bench. I prefer a single stage. In fact I just ordered a RRA single stage kit.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I like a good single stage trigger for all round shooting. No doubt an expensive trigger will help if you want more accuracy but it sounds like you can get by without the expense. I've built with three Stag LPKs and each one had a very good single stage trigger, better than most other SS triggers I've tried.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Like other here I like the 2 stage more accuracy shooting or hunting. For my SHTF/end of days/Zombie outbreak/Alien invasion or possible CWII AR15 I am going to swap out the 2 stage for a single stage.

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nothing to add that hasn't been said. A good single stage or a "worked" inexpensive one will give you the consistent break you want for basic plinking and short range recreational shooting. It's basically a personal preference at the yardage you cited. Longer distance or competitive shooting is a different story but even then a two stage wouldn't be mandatory, depends on how "tactile" your fingers are.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Goju - for your application you don't need to spend the extra cash. A stock GI with a small amount of very mild stonework between hammer and trigger and you will be double fine for your application.

JD (in Houston )

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Brain,

My favorite is the Rock River 2 Stage. If you shop around you probably can find one for $80-100. I would suggest you go to a gun shop or one of the shows and find a dealer that has a Rock River Rifle with the two stage and see if you like it. Also keeping in mind that when they are brand new they will lap in even smoother after a hundred rounds or so. Also try the reset on it after the first pull! I also have a single stage JP Trigger in my 6.5 Grendel that I like real well. But I believe it is more expensive than the RRA 2 Stage. I got it with the rifle so I did not buy it aftermarket.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I guess I just got spoiled after shooting my RRA varminter with the NM 2 stage trigger.I have installed them in my other 2 AR's.
    There are many nice single stage triggers out there,as well as just working over a factory trigger.
    I have shot AR's with Jewell,JP,Jard,Geissele,and Timney.All are great triggers,but for the money,I'll stick with the RRA NM 2 stage.

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

This is what I'm thinking. :cool:

Thanks for all the thoughts and replies everyone. :cool: