Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my Remington r1 I am hoping to trade out the spring and plug for a full length guide rod. Is this possible? Also I noticed that while my trigger is crisp and clean it has some wiggle. Is this normal? Possible to fix it without replacing trigger?

·
Retired
13,624 Posts
Normal cleaning procedures to swap out the spring and plug.

Need more info on "trigger wiggle". Up / Down? Left / Right? Fore / Aft? How much?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Normal cleaning procedures to swap out the spring and plug.

Need more info on "trigger wiggle". Up / Down? Left / Right? Fore / Aft? How much?
Agree ^^^^ Really shud not be any noticeable play in the trigger-
BUT is there a specific reason for wanting a FLGR? Its not going to help with any issues or improve anything---

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easier to strip.....that why I want the FLGR. No noticeable creep when hammer is cocked. But just when practicing drawing from holster with hammer down I noticed the trigger wiggles back and forth.....and a little left and right and maybe a little up and down. It all seems minor I just want to male sure its normal and not a sign of future problems?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Easier to strip.....that why I want the FLGR. No noticeable creep when hammer is cocked. But just when practicing drawing from holster with hammer down I noticed the trigger wiggles back and forth.....and a little left and right and maybe a little up and down. It all seems minor I just want to male sure its normal and not a sign of future problems?
Understand about the reason on FLGR- Have one myself :cool:
Personaly i would not worry on the trigger---
Shoot that puppy ;)

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Oh I've shot it.....but now I have no ammo for it except 40 HPs which are "use only when necessary ammo"
Sucks dont it :(
I have "plenty" but still looked at several places online yesterday & only found some high dollar mostly 20rd boxes of stuff -

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
So what's gonna happen if online sales are banned? Where will I find my 5.45x39??
If you have local sources that stocked it "before" it'll be back-
If not then-----------------------------------:confused:
You can always reload--

1 - 11 of 11 Posts