two questions

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by glockmaniac21, Jan 17, 2010.

1. glockmaniac21

glockmaniac21 New Member

hey guys I just got my second gun for my birthday which is a 10/22 ruger. I have to questions what would be a good scope to put on that and im looking for a carry pistol and i want a glock what do you thiink i should get?

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Get the one that feels "right" in your hand, both just holding it and when you fire it.

3. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That simmons or a Nikon would be m choice.

For the glock I would get G1911.

6. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

+1 for sure.

+1 on the simmons too, from my experience they make a fair scope.

Sitting on my 10/22 carbine is a BSA 3-9x50 and i can hit a golf ball at 100 yards every time i squeeze the trigger. Just a secondary thought. Got mine for a hair or 2 under 50 dollars.

7. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

+1

If you're set on a polymer pistol, check out the Springfield XD/XDm and the S&W M&P. Both very excellent guns, and head and shoulders (IMO) above the Glock.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Bluesky is right, pick up a Springfield XD and then pick up a Glock and see which one feels better in your hand and which one has a more natural point. Then let us know what you think :)

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If you want a better Glock get a S&W Sigma.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I don't know about that, they are much cheaper though.

Glocks are rock solid and all these haters can't deny that FACT. However, I don't like glocks, especially when I can get a springfield xd for the same $$

Glocks do not have a grip safety, the goal post sights are just uuggghhhhh, the grip angle is weird, and the trigger is lacking, BUT it will go bang everytime.

My dectective friend carries a G30 and likes it. :rolleyes:

BTW, someone will mention here that glocks have the ghey.

11. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

i had a s&w sigma 40 ve and hated it. so i sold it.

12. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

They're rock sold, and feel like rocks. Other guns are rock solid, and feel great to shoot. I personally love the M&P sights and grip, and the Pro series trigger job is something Glock can't touch.

13. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

. . . . .nuff said

14. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I don't know, I carried a G22 for years and trusted my life with it. It always went bang. I agree there is a blind following of people who own them just because they are a Glock, if you could get the truth they probably hate them.

When it came time to buy a handgun for myself, I bought the G22. The grip angle is a little odd and in some positions it feels a little strange, but I have shot one for so long I have gotten used to its quirks.

I also own two XD's, one compact and one tactical. I love them too. The way I look at it is a Glock is like my Dodge Cummins five speed...it will alway run, it will never get stuck, it will pull anything and it is ugly.

Everyone has an opinion, you will always find those who hate Glocks and who love them...funny thing is, some have never even held one. Best thing, go to the range and shoot, the gun will choose you. But, if you are set on a Glock think about what you want the gun for....
    In the 40, the 23 is a great gun. Accurate, small enough to carry comfortably and still has a full size grip. 22 is a great range gun, I conceal mine from time to time. To me the 27 is a waste of money, it is good for one thing and one thing only...concealment.

I use a Simmons 3x9 on my 10/22 and love it.