Two new German AR15s

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Jagermeister, Mar 25, 2013.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

ouch that hurts a little bit I think the current rate is $1.29 USD to $1.00 euro

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Right now the dollar buys .75 euros. The price includes the 19% sales tax, which I do not have to pay because of my SOFA stamp (status of forces agreement). Thank god! They are all nice rifles though. Love the HK in .308 with scope.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Really cool guns!! Thanks for posting this! : )

4. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I love the Desert Patrol

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

It also comes in black. I can get any of the weapons on the site, plus they will order from the appropriate factory what they do not carry. They have a great selection of handguns too.

6. FullautoUSA

When you say you can, can the rest of us not?

7. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The Sigs and HKs are exported to the US factories if I am not mistaken. I believe the HK models are not called MR in the states. The Pro Tuning is made exclusively for Frankonia, which are located throughout Germany. There is no exporting them. I hear some good things about them though. Great comp. rifles. I honestly believe that HK makes the best ARs in the world. Superb engineering. The gunsmith at the store said they do not come back for repairs. The Sigs do. :(

8. mt6green

mt6green New Member

HK416 is a great rifle!

9. FullautoUSA

Y'all can own guns in Germany?

10. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

That confused me too as I lived in germany for years
    he is stationed there so I guess its different.

But I understand germans can have guns if they pass the equivalent of our NFA rules and they must keep them locked up on a range or gunclub.

But I am willing (eager even) to be educated otherwise.

11. FullautoUSA

You can own your own guns when you're in the military?

12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You have to have a hunting license or competition license. You have to have an approved safe. Gun ownership is regulated heavily over here. I live on the economy, so I do not worry about some commanders' pet peeves about firearms in housing. Yes, troops do own their own guns and I know individuals who deploy with them. Glocks, P226s etc

13. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Here is an older post to a question. It explains hunting licenses.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Norwegian
    How is hunting regulated in germany? Can you hunt bear?

In Norway we have to have a special permission. Ecologist work out how many bears can be shot each year, so there is a limit on how many permissions are given.
    Hunting license courses can take a year and is expensive. You need to know biology, conservation, weapon and hunting laws, history, weapon and caliber history, correct caliber for hunting different game, hunting culture, hunting language, diseases and parasites, how to process the animals. The test takes all day. You also have to take a shooting test with pistol, rifle, and shotgun. There are five disciplines with a percent to hit. It involves running targets at 100 meters with the rifle. The shotgun also has a running rabbit and clay shooting. Once again there is a percentage of shots. The shooting test is effing hard! I bet most Leos would fail. There are state and private Reviers. Everything costs and is regulated. Hunting is still for the rich in Germany, I am not rich. You still pay for the meat even if you shoot the animal (oay revier owner)If you own hunting rights on the revier it could cost between 500 to 1000€ a year, but you keep what you shoot. Each revier owner has a harvest plan that must be met. If game from a revier damages land in surrounding community, the revier owner must pay damages. Boar damage a lot of farms. We can not hunt bear.

14. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Here is another post,

In Germany we have to keep our guns in a safe with the ammo in a different compartment. If we do have time to get every together, we have to follow a certain order of events. First we warn we are going to shoot. Then we have to shoot the ground. Then we can shoot the intruder. I would start with step three and work my way up . Also if the intruder has a knife, I have to use a knife. Or bat, etc...That is why I have pepper spray bullets in one of my Sigs magazines. I am very good with bladed weapons like our katanas too, as well as my kids. I taught my kids to protect themselves at an early age. To bad we have to teach them to lethally fight adults, says a lot about our world today. Oh, only competition shooters and hunters can own guns and everything is very expensive with lots of red tape.