Two charged with capital murder in death of 14 year (She was shot in the back)

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I found this article on http://www.godlikeproductions.com now alot is BS and other information is not. Where is the main stream media on this and the rest of the illegal induced problems we have in this country. Correctness my rear, "Eye for an Eye" Tooth for a Tooth". :mad:

Read some of the comments:

14yr old girl shot dead for her purse--news says they were illegals

14yr old girl shot dead for her purse--news says they were illegals

Two arrested in death of northside Houston teen | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Two men arrested in the fatal shooting of Shatavia Anderson last week saw the 14-year-old girl as merely a "target of opportunity" for an armed robbery, Houston police homicide detectives said Wednesday.

Melvin Alvarado, 22, and Jonathan Lopez-Torres, 18, were charged Wednesday with capital murder in the Saturday slaying of the girl who was known as "Tae" to her friends and family.

Kisha Lambert, the girl's mother, was relieved when detectives called her Wednesday with the news of the arrests.

"I get to put my daughter to rest and let her know that her killers have been caught," Lambert said.

Anderson was shot while she was walking home to her northside apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick. She was last seen alive around 12:30 a.m.

The two men were driving when they saw her that morning, Houston police said Wednesday.

"Shatavia attempted to run and was shot in the back" by Alvarado, said Sgt. Billy Bush of the Houston police homicide division.

Alvarado fled after grabbing some of the girl's belongings, including jewelry, a cell phone and her purse, police said. The purse was found in the woods near the teen's body around 9 a.m., Bush said.

Witness aids search
    A witness saw the shooting and gave investigators sufficient details about the suspect for a composite sketch. The same witness later identified Alvarado as the killer, police said.

Lopez-Torres was the driver, police said. He dropped Alvarado off after the pair saw Anderson walking alone on the street, police said.

"The driver later said in a statement that he knew a robbery was going to take place," said Chris Sturdivant, an HPD homicide detective.

"It was very cruel," Lambert said of her daughter's slaying. "She didn't have nothing worth them taking her life over."

Police credited the composite sketch and several anonymous tips with helping to close the case.

Lopez-Torres was taken into custody late Tuesday and brought to HPD headquarters for questioning. Alvarado surrendered later, police said.

"They pretty much gave up each other," Sturdivant said.

'They're off the street'
    Bush called the capture of the two suspects "the most fulfilling thing I've ever done."

"She was 14, plain and simple," he said. "It was tough, but we've got them in custody. They're off the street."

Both men live near the area where Anderson was killed. They have been friends for about two months.

They are originally from Central America, but HPD officials late Wednesday didn't know their immigration status.

Both men have been charged with capital murder and were being held without bail late Wednesday at the Harris County Jail.

According to Harris County records, Alvarado is a twice-convicted intoxicated driver and Lopez-Torres was arrested and accused of auto theft in February 2009. That charge was later dismissed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Fry em. once convicted of course.

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

And what the hell is a 14 year old girl doing walking at 12:30 am???:eek:

4. MGH

MGH New Member

My first thought exactly. I work late and get off about that time. It scares me to see some kid walking home alone at midnight. Call someone to take you home or spend the night!

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Not her fault.

Catch them, convict them,, beat them half to death, revive them and do it again. They should die a thousand times, for this.

6. jbd

jbd New Member

Not her fault but you can bet your azz my kids are not out at 12:30 am. I have a 16 year old, he is my oldest and if he is out side at 12:30 am the house better be on fire. anyway I hope they fry.

7. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

It is sad we live in a society where there is such a lack of respect for other people. This girl SHOULD be able to walk home at whatever time.
    I know this isn't reality though, there should be punishment to fit the crime. A few years in prison is no longer a deterrent. Mandatory death penalties, IMO, are the only answer.
    May these two rot in hell.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Harris County (Houston) is the 4th largest metro area in the county. A bunch of murders and a BUNCH of death penaties. At one point there were more people on Death Row from Harris County than from the entire state of Florida. If any County will assess the needle, it is Harris County.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

What idiot would think a 14 year old kid walking after midnight would have anything worth taking? OK, in some areas they might be working an independent retail situation, but not usually solo.

What a waste!

10. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Definitely a sad story.

"I'll pull the switch"

11. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

The shooter is from Central America (El Salvador IIRC), he had been arrested and deported from the USA twice!

And that twit obama doesn't think we have an illegal immigration problem in Texas!

12. bkt

bkt New Member

Deport them to Mexico. Fly over Mexico City at 20,000 feet and shove them out the cargo-bay door. It might be smart to pin a note to each of them explaining the reason for the return.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed. Now your talking my language! :)

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I like that; however, we have some alot starving gators in the Louisiana and Florida swamps that need feeding!

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

While it is true true that it makes no sense what such a young child is doing out and about that time of night it still comes back to the sick bastages that would see her as a target. And shooting her in the back is just flat out spineless. Illegal or not there is not a punishment that will fit the crime short of an eye for an eye. Or maybe a little quiet time with a ball peen hammer and a pair of pliers.:mad:

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Bring them to me.

17. Murfdog

Murfdog New Member

Where are the parents of this poor child!

Murfdog

18. oldman45

oldman45 New Member

No way.

The FAA has laws about tossing trash from a plane.

19. woodsong

woodsong New Member

On a positive note, the shooter has had the snot beaten out of him already by another prisoner. Hoping for more of the same.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe the parents can have some Dahmer-style closure.