tweeking this and that

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by XQweEezME, Oct 23, 2010.

1. XQweEezME

XQweEezME New Member

Took my S&W 4006 out to test fire some ammo I loaded up. Gun is new I am still breaking it in and adjusting the sights. This is the last target I used.
    Ammo stats : federal case. federal gold metal match primer, 180g fmj, 6.9 grains Hodgdon Longshot powder.
    I started with a charge of 6.5 grains worked my way up to 6.9 in 0.2 grain incriments. Hodgdon says max load is 8 grains on this recipe. 6.9 already feels rather snappy and do not think I will test higher than 7.5grains. Target range 25 yards.

Attached Files:

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Nice shooting there sir!

Wish I could sell mine. Very nice pistol - just too wide for my paws. :(

3. XQweEezME

XQweEezME New Member

anytime

I be more than happy to start a piggy bank for that if you are not in a rush. I am really liking this pistol already toyed with the idea of getting a mate for it. Never owned a auto I always did revolvers. Totally different animal. Not totally sure if I will get use to the idea that it is a close combat weapon and I am not going to get the range I do with the Blackhawk. Funny how 25 yards looks close until ya fire that first round haha

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Isn't that the truth! LOL.
    You have the fixed sights or adjustable?

5. XQweEezME

XQweEezME New Member

sights

fixed front adjustable back

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Be thankful for the adjustable rear. Mine has the fixed night sights, and the rear was impossible to move until I bought a factory S&W sight pusher for it. Tightest dovetail fit on a pistol I've ever seen. :eek:

7. XQweEezME

XQweEezME New Member

Dovetail

My ex had a tight dovetail. just sayin

8. CAR

CAR New Member Supporter

Mine also had the adjustable rear sight that was one of the reasons i bought that model. I bought mine around 1993 or 94, and put Pachmayr grips on it. That helped alittle with the control. XQ did you ever find any power pistol power ? Im haveing a devil of a time finding anyone local who has it in stock.
    I was just womdering if you found some and tried it out, and if its worth the trouble of getting it.