TV Shows

Discussion in 'Gun Shows' started by Marthor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

With all the great new TV shows like Sons of Guns and American Guns, even though I've seen this section many times, "gun shows" now makes me think TV shows first. LOL

...and to make use of this thread, what are some other good TV gun shows to watch in addition to the one I mentioned?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

my favorite is top shot. there is also a lot of good shows on versus

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

(Insert sounds of crickets to indicate total silence)

Sorry, bro, but in my humble opinion, there ARE no good gun shows on broadcast TV- including the ones you listed. Do not mean to be insulting- tastes vary a lot- but the attempt by a lot of these shows to copy OC Choppers turns me off.

I DID watch a couple of episodes of Top Shot (uh, lemme see- shooting a handgun while hanging upside down and being lowered to the ground. Ummm- yeah)

Afraid I tend to lump the "reality shows" together- scripted by someone that is a script writer, but does not know crap about the subject matter. That includes Pawn Stars. Auction Wars, Hoarders, Repoman etc.

However, the Military Channel and the Outdoor Channel actually do a good one from time to time.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

We cut our cable back and no longer get versus. I do miss their wensday programing. "Best Defense, American Rifleman " etc. I too am not fond of the reality shows, they get old real fast.

5. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Stumbled on this, I've never seen it TV SCHEDULE looks interesting. And don't be rippin' on Pawn Stars is one of the few I like.

6. BudW

BudW New Member

Glaring error, if you scroll down to Thompson Machine gun it says cleared trenches in WW!-Wrong was not available then

29-01 How to Shoot STC

7. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Top shot is a great show too! I especially enjoyed this last season.

I think the outdoor channel has some good gun shows, but I don't flip there often enough to find them. Is there a good show there I should make time for?

8. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sons of guns and American guns are both good shows with Sons of Guns being my favorite. They make some really interesting weapons.

9. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

American guns is a horrible show in my opinion. If you allow your teenage daughter to dress like a skank on national television just to make some ratings... you deserve to have your "man card" revoked and forced to carry that disgrace of a diamond encrusted 1911 so the rest of us can laugh at you. "Guns & gear" is a great show. Sons of guns isn't bad either..but my favorite is "locked and loaded". You cant go wrong when "the gunny" is the host.

10. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

What channel does "locked and loaded" and "guns and gear" come on? Thanks, Ed

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I'm with you...never heard of them and would like to tune in.

12. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Locked and loaded comes on History channel and Military channel. Guns & gear is either on the outdoor network or versus. I cant remember off the top of my head right now.

13. stickhauler

stickhauler New Member

If I remember right "Guns And Gear" is still on Versus. Haven't seen "Gunny's" show on for a while, it was on the History Channel. About the only other truly decent one I watch regularly is "Gun Stories" on the Outdoor Channel. They cover a different classic firearm in each episode, especially loved the one on the 1911, and the "Tommy Gun." Michael Bane's show is well done also, I just can't think of the name of it right off. Pretty much, Wednesday evening's line-up on Outdoor Channel has shows that appeal to most sectors of the shooting sports. Thanks to Larry Potterfield for so kindly being a sponsor for them!

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  15. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I like "the best of the west" and "long range pursuit." They are hunting shows, but they really get into the precision and gear it takes to make long range shots. And it's not just another bunch of local "hardcore-badasses" sitting in a tree stand waiting for another white tail to come to the corn feeder. How can anyone watch that garbage?

16. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I like "MidwayUSA's Gun Stories". It is just about the guns. The one time I tuned in to top shot, they were throwing rocks....
    So, uh....nah.

17. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

I'm with you. Why would you need to shoot upside down? Jump out your window and shoot the bad guy before he gets to your door? I like gun stories and the military channel the rest are hopped up crap!

18. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

What was the name of the first show with Jim Scouten, anyone know?

19. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Shooting USA is all that comes to mind. I know there was an earlier one that he always signed off by saying "keep 'em in the 10 range"...you talking about that one, maybe?

20. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Best defense, american rifleman, guns and ammo, personal defense tv, handguns and there are a few more I cant think of at the moment