Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a CCW course back in March and was wondering if i send in the paper work will it be accepted or did i wait to long?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Got mine back in Missouri in two weeks. Really depends on how many people have applied is usually what dictates the time

·
Registered
238 Posts
He's not asking about time to get his permit. He is wondering if he waited too long after taking his class to apply for his permit. In other words he needs to know if he has to retake his class to apply.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is no time frame requirement in AZ. Go ahead and apply. Right from the regulations:

(b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has ever completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
He's not asking about time to get his permit. He is wondering if he waited too long after taking his class to apply for his permit. In other words he needs to know if he has to retake his class to apply.
My bad daaaang. Every state is different. I believe MO is 30 days

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Back when I took mine in Ok, there was no expiry on the class. They could have changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
g17frantz said:
My bad daaaang. Every state is different. I believe MO is 30 days
I'm from MO, I took the class and called the county sheriff for my appointment to apply and get fingerprinted...it too a month and a half wait for that because of the back log. The only time requirement was after I picked up my permit you only have seven days to go to the DMV to get your picture Id permit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, I'm in MO. I took my class in feb this yr. and made my appt. with sheriff in may. I don't believe the class cert. expires. The only thing I know of that expires is you have 7 days from when your background check comes back to go to the DMV to get your license...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts