Turn out the lights, America is doomed.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Mar 4, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I agree...even without watching the video.

The only variable is our individual definition of *doom* which can prompt some interesting, spirited conversation on the intertubes or at the kitchen table.

My tinfoil hat is firmly ensconced on my ole punkin head as I await the apockyclips (tm) ~ zombies optional. :p

eta: Ok, I watched.

We could certainly use more *teachers/professors* like him, but I'm afraid it's too late to turn back the clock 70 years.
    There is no free lunch!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

And not one said they wanted a gun? :eek:

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

No offense to our younger members, but:

For heaven's sakes folks, the story is about 19 year olds. Most of them away from home for the first time, and few of them have had jobs. The don't know where money comes from, hell, half of them don't know where babies come form. They will grow up.

But now that I think of it, free house, education, medical, and entertainment is not a bad idea. If we could just get rid of the work thing it would be a perfect society. Maybe they have the right idea.

I spend 8 hours a day around these college sophmores, some of them haven't got a clue about anything but facebook.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

What's the saying???

If your not a liberal in your 20's you have no heart, if your not a conservative by your 30's you have no brain.

I know I butchered it but it's something like that.

6. Chainfire

I think you got it just right!

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, spot-on and its a Winston Churchill quote.

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

lol, I guess I don't have a heart, but at least I have a brain. :D

9. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Just what I was gonna say!

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

After seeing the video,"I understand the Georgetown Law student that testified (whined) about free contraception. Where does this mindset of entitlement come from, trophies for everyone and nobody keeps score. News flash life keeps score even if mommy didn't.

downloadfile-5.jpg

11. Chainfire

Actually I believe that Winston's quote was about Communist, not liberals. I know that is a fine point, but as a liberal who is not a Communist, I thought I might throw that in. I am to tired to google the actual quote, so if I am wrong, beat me with Rush's favorite stick.

Good night all.

12. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It is Winston Churchill, liberal and conservative are what is used according to the website.

13. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

+1 What he said! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find teenagers who believe that everything should be given to them; it all has been so far in their lives. So what? This is newsworthy??? Probably only on FOX.

According to WinstonChurchill.org, that is a quote falsely attributed Churchill.
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/quotations/quotes-falsely-attributed
    It goes on to say that "He'd been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35!"
    Personally, as neither conservative or liberal, it seems to me that neither pole has it all figured out. As usual... ;)