Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Nov 29, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

If its not a certified letter: Ignore it.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

registering firearms never leads to confiscation... the story cant be true

if we had a just supreme court it would be struck down under the second ammendment and fourth ammendment!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  4. orangello

orangello New Member

This sucks indeed, but it isn't due to the SAFE act.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ived-will-likely-send-chills-down-your-spine/

The law of the chity:
    http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/ADC/10/3/10-306

Those poor people in New York Chity lost their rights long before the rest of their state.

Somebody posted a similar link on another forum leading to a similar explanation that no, so far this was just the people in New York Chity and their corrupt laws, not the new corrupt SAFE act.

The sad part is that most people will probably not even be surprised by the posting, as it is completely believable of that corrupt SAFE act.

MOVE PEOPLE! LEAVE THAT FROZEN NORTH!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. JonM

JonM Moderator

you want new yokkers to move to your state and elect a dumberg there??

6. orangello

orangello New Member

No, but the ones with sense are welcome to come on down and vote for candidates who support their rights.

At the state level at least, I don't think gun control support would be the smartest campaign plank, though I do know of a certain mayor who is very anti-rights and who recently got re-elected under very curious circumstances.

7. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

There may be some fine New Yorkers that are Constitution Loving, Red Blooded Americans that would be welcome in our states.

For the others, they can send us their guns. We think they suck, but would welcome their guns :)

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

This is what happens when the State knows where the guns are.

Seen it here in Kanada. It always starts out with the same mush about public safety, children, wackos, etc. apple pie, etc. etc. and it always ends up at the same place....

confiscation.

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Wonder if that letter was sent to my old address in Astoria Queens? Been out of there over 10 years, and out of the Bronx closer to 20. Love to see them wasting time trying to track down that fact that the safe and collection are now "SAFE" with me in Az......

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Many states require the Registration of gun owners who carry concealed weapons. If your state law dictates that you must under go state mandated classes and buy a state issued permit with an FBI check you are registered.
    With this kind of information any state can become a Chicago or New York. :eek:

11. orangello

orangello New Member

The form pictured in the article cited listed the firearms owned by that person. In MS, that information is not connected to the concealed carry permit (according two the permit holders I am related to).

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you are concealed carry permit holder the state knows you own a gun. That is all the state needs to know. If the state decides to confiscate firearms your permit will be revoked and an officer/s will be knocking on your door. Lets be honest with ourselves, the state and federal government know who has a firearm. If you have bought a hunting license, had a carry permit, took a hunter safety course they know you have a gun. There are a lot of other methods that I missed to figure out who has a gun. They might not know what kind of gun but they know who has a gun.

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Probably true, and with the form filled out with the FFL (4473?), which is supposed to be destroyed, (but that would fill out another conspiricy theory post) there is a reasonable assumption that your gun store purchases are listed someplace. As long as your state is red, that might not be a problem. However, it will always be an opportunity for some "common sense" confiscations to the Libs.

A good reason to have some private transfers while they are still legal.

Another point is if it goes Federal, it won't be the local LEOs coming, it will be the National Guard or Homeland Security. With far more firepower and equipment then you will be able to defend against.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Sure they do, but do they know how many? Each of my BIL's has a ccp and enough handguns to weigh down a decent horse. I know they keep them in more than one place as well. Confiscation would not be simple. One of the two has enough law enforcement connections to know it was coming; the other lives in a very easily defended location.

We have enough firearms off paper to feel secure.

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You mean you had enough firearms off paper to be secure. We all know about the NSA. Hell, Google saves snapshots of every page on the net. What do you think the fed is doing? Don't admit to anything online, even if it is legal right now.

16. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Canada requires registration of gun owners. I have a licence.

As it turns out, I sold most of my guns last week to a "Fred" something from Hobbema. He paid cash.

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It depends on who is willing to just accept the fed having a standing army in their neighborhood. When the Russians invaded Afghanistan the Afghans didn't have much more than rocks. 20 years later one of the best trained and equipped armies in the world was standing around scratching their head wondering what to do next.

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i'm sorry, but unless you can provide proof of those comments, that is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at best.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I still say NYC needs to become a city state and be divorced from the rest of the state. Build a wall around it and require passports and visas to get out. Let them wallow in their own mess. I know a lot of New York State Citizens would agree.

20. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

But remember, the antis say that they only want registration of firearms for the protection of everyone and that it will never lead to confiscation here in the good old U. S. of A.

Yeah, sure.