Tupperware Brick Revolvers

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by MB44, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MB44

MB44 New Member

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit,...
    Fresh out from TAURUS... I dunno what to make out of this - do you guys,.. ?? :confused:

[​IMG]

And here Taurus is trying to copy the RUGER tupperware revolver concept

[​IMG]

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I believe I'd trust the Ruger before I would the Taurus. Yes I said that even though I own a Taurus 1911 and trust it completely.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The judge is still worthless for anything but play. The 38 could be useful but it doesn't come close to the Ruger. It weighs more empty then the Ruger loaded. Plus it's ugly.

4. MB44

MB44 New Member

Yeah it's like the new F-150. Took me a while to figure out if it was attractive or (f)ugly. I found out it was the latter. Nevertheless it looks like something out the the movie Judge Dredd (Sylvester Stallone 1995)

I guess it would make an excellent paper weight or doorstop....:D

The .38 nyeahh,... could work,... but it still doesn't feel right...

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

My steel framed Judge broke after less than a box of very mild Magtech cowboy loads. I don't think I'll be trying the plastic one...

And the grips on the .38 are just hideous, they should have used their "ribber" grips which are actually rather comfy.

6. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

*headdesk*

By the way, the LCR has an aluminum frame. Only the fire control housing is polymer. This POS has an actual polymer frame. On a revolver. Oy.

7. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

I definitely like S&W's Bodyguard 38 plastic wheelgun better. Don't think I would trust an all polymer frame with +p's over time.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Since when did S&W start making plastic wheelguns? Must be pretty new as the only other 1 I'm aware of is the Ruger LCR.

9. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have not been able to find ANY Smith & Wesson polymer frame revolvers...

Can you provide some model numbers, links, or anything to substantiate your statement?

I have a Ruger LCR and I've put roughly 2000 rounds of +P through it so far, and no problems.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Taurus Tupperware, lipstick on a bull! [​IMG]

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Me no likey, but I'll bet they will sell. Most people don't research their firearm purchases. They simply stroll into the local shop and say, "that one looks neat, I'll take it."

:rolleyes:

12. Mark F

Uhhhhhh... yahhhhh... 79.99% of gun buying is spontaneous.

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My 44 Mag was but who can walk away from a mint 629-1?

14. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

Just introduced at SHOT 2010, Smith&Wesson Bodyguard 380 and Bodyguard 38. Both polymer framed handguns with integrated Insight lasers. There 38 has an aluminum alloy upper, poly lower, stainless barrel and cylinder, and has an ambidextrous release.

15. Mark F

Thanks. Still looking for something on it. I have no doubt that if S&W makes it, it will be good.

16. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

17. Mark F

Information is beginning to pop up on S&W's new releases.

18. MB44

MB44 New Member

Well Jesus Christ on a cracker,... :eek: - Now I've seen it all.
    I mean,.. it was expected for Taurus to do something like that, but I really thought that the last bastion to fall would be S&W to start doing sixshooter tupperware. Maaaaan was I wrong,.... I guess the last bastion to fall will be a tupperware 1911,.... or will I be wrong twice today,.....:rolleyes::confused:

19. Mark F

Gun makers go where the money is... If tupperware is the in-thing, then everyone makes polymer guns.

20. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

They do have to make a profit and I don't blame them. Just so long as they don't stop making the traditional SS and blued beauts that we've all grown to love.

Oh and Spittin' who wouldn't have bought a mint 629-1 give the opportunity? I always love to hear stories of quality impulse buys. Right on.