tulammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by potentialglock, Dec 10, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

How is tulammo in any weapon? I've heard its not great but because its steel cased it shouldn't be used?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

several thousand rounds down range and my guns still go bang.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I thought it was as dirty as the Wolf & Bear stuff, but a buddy has been using it in his DPMS AR with full success. I had previously thought it would be rough on the poodle shooters.

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I shoot it because I don't reload, and it is cheap. I have shot thousands of rounds of the stuff, in 9mm and .45 ACP and I have had no problems at all. I think it is good stuff. That said, it is not what is in my carry weapon. :)

5. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Great range ammo, it is dirty but most cheap ammo is.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Dirty practice ammo is a good thing. It forces some lazy folks to clean their weapon.:p

7. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Yea right, I clean mone even If I shoot em one time.

8. rainmakerat92

rainmakerat92 New Member

My Saiga AK loves the stuff and I haven't had any problems. I haven't fired it in my AR or in anything else.

9. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

been running steel cased ammo down range since the old Lacquer issue days,( literally many thousands of rounds, .223 .45 .40 9mm) the Polly coated steel is as good as any brass and is soft steel, as soft as brass.
    Anyone that says it will damage your gun... I would take what ever they say with a grain of salt....

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

The only people that have problems with steel ammo have crapy guns. If your gun won't run it seal it bc it's s***.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

You and I do, but lotsa pholks don't! :p

12. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Well I should bought it when I had the chance. The shelves have been cleaned out

13. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Haha, that alone should tell you, next time buy it up! Some indoor ranges don't allow the steelcase stuff for what ever reason though.

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Bc most of the time they have to pick it up. If you use brass it works for them either way. You pick it up to reuse or seal. Then they don't have to pick it up. Or you leave it. Now they have the brass to reload or resale. Brass is a win win for them.