Tula ammo

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by redleg12, Sep 14, 2012.

1. redleg12

redleg12 New Member

As any one used it? If so what did you think?

2. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I have its very dirty and bad for ur gun, its made up of metal so when its fired it doesnt really expand much so it can be damaving to your gun. Thats the way it was explained to me. I wouldnt shoot tula or any russian metal cause it can be very damaging also if they double packed a round and it damaged your weapon i would imagine it would be hard to get them to replace it

3. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

It runs like a champ through my sks

4. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

If you have a gun that is already malfunctioning steel case ammo can be helpful. The abrasive nature of steel case ammo will polish surfaces and remove debris from the chamber. Tula ammo is reasonably accurate. However, many manufacturers do not recommend the use of steel case ammo and a few say the use of steel case ammo will void the warranty.

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Its russian-rolls eyes

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Ive heard the same i just buy crom my reloader its cheap and guranteed ap im gtg

7. urquidez

urquidez New Member

I've shot Tula ammo 9mm rounds through my ruger p 95 never have a problem no miss fires nothing it's kinda dirty but hey it's cheap works good and does the job

8. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I shoot it through my old p 89 but I will not use it in my glock

9. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I think the pistol calibers are loaded light, but the .223 are great. I just picked up 1000 rounds from SGAMMO for $235.00 shipped.

10. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Unlike brass when scraped, the steel casings may scrape small shavings which can collect in the internals of the gun. If you clean your gun after each use, you shouldn't have any problems.

11. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Tulas fine. And 99.99999% of the time will do NOTHING to your firearm. Don't let people scare you into not using it.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

There's no way on earth it can harm your gun in any way!
    \It's dirty, and smelly, but it's reliable, reasonably accurate, and inexpensive.

Keep your weapon clean, and the steel cased Russian works very well.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've used it in my Mosin and my SA 1911. Never an issue, and I didn't find it any dirtier than "better" name brand ammo off the shelf. Nor less accurate, in fact, my Springer seemed to absolutely love it.

However, Silver Bear, another steel cased ammo, was absolutely filthy in my Mosin. Seriously, I kinda wonder if that stuff was loaded with black powder. We're talking 15 foot long gray cloud flying from my muzzle, and black sludge coming out during cleaning. That has absolutely nothing at all to do with the case though.

14. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

shoots fine but dirty in my pistols. will not cycle my ar. i have two boxes of it left. will be used for foulers in my 223 bolt action.

15. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Runs fine through my Glock, no issues and right on target

16. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

It could be that silver bear was the first ammo that you ran through your mosin that was hot enough to burn the cosmoline from the pores of the metal. I have experienced nothing like that with my mosin nagant. I shoot Brown Bear 203gr and Prvi Partisan 180gr ammo.

17. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I broke my P-95 in with Tula ammo. In 50 shots it was broke in and performing flawlessly. Ruger is one of the manufacturers that has issues with steel case ammo. If your P-95 is out of warranty it doesn't matter. I have shot mostly WWB since I broke it in with very few malfunctions. 90% of the malfunctions I have experienced were before I discovered my 32 shot magazine will malfunction with more than 32 rounds loaded into it. My promag magazine actually holds 35 rounds . I just stuff it full then remove 3 rounds when I lose count.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I never would have thought of that...

19. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

It is usually the cheapest (especially at Walmart). I will usually shoot it, but I am not shooting more than a hundred rounds of it at a time. Definitely dirty. I had a bizarre experience with the .380 acp recently in my sig p238. None of the cartridges would chamber. It was as if they were off spec and slightly too large. I wound up throwing out the box of 50. Weird.

20. zx9rt1

zx9rt1 New Member

I have never had issues with it. With that being said, would I shoot it in my SA M1A? No.