Tula %4 FTF

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by nosaj, Nov 17, 2012.

1. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Took 2 boxes of Tula 9mm to the range today. Had 4 failure to fires. I know it's cheapo ammo but never had that many problems.

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

No problems with my two boxes of .45 ACP Tula. All have fired in my Kimber Ultra Covert II.

Guess it's not the ammo for your pistol.

3. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Tul ammo usually works pretty well. I am not saying they didn't get a bad batch of primers, but that many duds is unusual. I use Tul ammo to break in new guns.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I have bought a crap ton of Tula and have had 1 failure to fire, the primer was struck good, just a FTF.

With that being said, I still like Tula, its excellent plinking ammo and makes up about 40% of my stash. I would trust it for just about any situation in my rifles, for handguns, it plinking ammo only.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I just ran 150 rds of Tula 9mm thru my ruger last friday no issues here . I have it happen on no more than 1-2 per 250 rds of .223 sometimes but its a rare deal , I usually put them to the side and try again later and they usually go bang

6. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have a load of Tul in 7.62 x 39 9mm and 45 and have had zero duds.

7. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Ran Tula through the SKS all day with no problems. The 9mm struck the primers well...just ftf. If the price is right i will still use it.

8. genesis

genesis New Member

Tula is generally pretty reliable. Have you tried some other ammo? Could be a bad batch of ammo, or it could be your firing pin. Shooting some other ammo will narrow down the problem.

Don <><

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Of the Russian steel cased ammo, I've been the least impressed with the quality of the ammo that comes from tht Tula plant.

That being said, what gun were you running it in? I haven't had failures to fire, just some that were under powered, dirty, with crappy accuracy, and that some guns didn't like to feed or eject reliably, but it has always gone bang, when chambered.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ran 400 .45 in one range session. Not a single FTF.

11. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Was shooting an Astra A75 9mm. Normally don't have any problems. Possibly bad batch. Pretty sure they were purchased together some months back.

12. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

I've put about 1,000 rounds of Tula ammo through my xd9mm and had 1 fail to fire due to a bad primer. It's generally dirty ammo and I always have to clean my gun after a trip to the range but at their prices I can't turn away from it over 1 bad primer.

13. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I'm not too concerned about the ammo being dirty. I tend to "over"clean my guns anyhow. Even though i don't think anything would stop the SKS. I will always buy the cheapest ammo.....especially since my boys have overactive trigger fingers. When at the range i can't take a breath without someone reloading one of the guns.

14. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I have never used tula ammo. I would probably try it if it were not steel casings.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Tula has somewhat hard primers and is inconsistent with their primer depth. If your firing pin has a slightly light strike they will ftf. Wolf is much more consistent. Most SKS and AK's have a hard firing pin strike since they are military rifles and built for reliability.

16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Have run about 200 rds of Tula thru my Saiga AK with no problems but believe that AK would set off any ammo. :D

Was gonna burn up some of this yesterday on Zombie Elves but weather prevented it.

[​IMG]

17. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Crap ammo. There is a headache in every box of that junk. I have tried it multiple times in 380, 9mm and 45acp from Sigs to Colts to Berettas and Kimbers there has been multiple failures to fire with every box I have ever bought. I just stick to Winchester white box for range use now. Its worth a few more dollars per box to not have to deal with it.

18. nosaj

nosaj New Member

It wasn't long ago when the WWB was only $9.99 at wally world