TSA And Our Soldiers

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vikingdad, Apr 8, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yep, that sounds about right. I think trip had a post just like that.

2. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I feel SO much safer now seeing how our tax dollars are at work.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

As I have said before, anyone who knows anything about the air transport system knows that TSA is useless window dressing.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Does anybody know where I can get a holster for my nail clippers? :cool:

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, TSA is a fine incompetent gov't agency. Several years ago the sorry asses at the TSA refused to board an Army officer who was shot all to hell in Iraq. The mans jaws were wired shut. He carried a small pair of wire cutters to cut the wires in case he had to puke. These TSA idiots strip search grandmothers and kids while letting men dressed in Muslim garb walk on the plane.

This sorry crap makes me wanna puke.

6. cuate

cuate New Member

I have two thoughts about this TSA harassment of returning US Soldiers.....TSA, a Govt. Agency is likely filled with hires who have the desire to Lord it over on others, racists of a minority group who hate the majority of the American population, and real cop wannabees...Second, the rules that govern their actions likely dreamed up by some nitwit with no idea of whats right and whats wrong with the TSA system in it's entirety....Go automobile and leave the driving to yourself !

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

What are their qualifications for hiring? They ask them to count to twenty, and if they do it with their shoes still on they're too smart for the job?

8. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

That's disgusting.

9. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

I was talking about it on Facebook, no common sense these days. However though, all citizens should be treated equally: the solution shouldn't be to prevent soldiers from having their nail clippers but ALLOWING EVERYONE to have theirs. Everything can be made into a weapon, a belt can strangle someone, the buckle can knock someone out. This whole war on terrorism and drugs is destroying our rights and privacy. If we lived life based on a probability of 0.0000000001% that something bad could happen, we wouldn't live at all. And yet we have to surrender a bunch of objects that hardly present any threat, "better be safe than sorry" has a limit when it treads on my rights.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This.

We got this way because for decades it was the policy of the airlines and the US gov't to give the hijackers the airplane. Surely those benevolent hijackers only wanted to make political statements about their awful treatment in their countries. Surely, they would not hurt anyone. The US was warned many times that this was bad policy. Israel was very vocal in warning the US gov't about hijackers. No one in the US gov't or the airline industry gave a damn and we had 911.

We have this huge bloated bureaucracy called the US gov't. They run the Dep't of Homeland Insecurity whos primary function is to make you afraid, preferably very afraid. Periodically the panjandrums at the Dep't of Homeland Insecurity breathlessy tell vivid stories about how they arrested some "terrorist/s in the nick of time. Details are always lacking because of "the ongoing case". After the vivid story; the HS panjandrum announces some new policy that further erodes your civil rights.

The complacent and scared peons suck it up: "This is the price we pay for being safe". Peons who are afraid make good subjects. Peons who are afraid make little sound when they are spied on, recorded or even arrested and jailed without warrant.

11. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

As you said, they offer their solution to their own failed policies and to make sure that people don't question their efficiency, once in a while they'll apprehend a terrorist to make it look like they're keeping us safe. There's something in life called diminishing returns, it's a very simple logic that the government doesn't understand: things are not linear. I would usually make a computer analogy but since this is a gun forum here's what I came up with: it's a bit like spending on upgrades the value of your gun to get slightly tighter groupings, in the end you will have paid twice for the gun and even though being slightly more accurate, it won't be twice as accurate (don't give me a counter argument, you get the idea :) ).
    The same thing goes with airport policies, the level of security is not proportional to the number of policies they have, we're making the fishnet tighter and tighter but all we're catching are people wanting to go from point A to point B. It's extremely inefficient, it's very upsetting and policies are taking over common sense.

The sad truth is that if someone really wants to blow up a plane, they'll find a way to conceal their explosive. Humans have... "cavities" that can fit things (women even more so), I wonder when we'll have to get an anal (and/or vagina) checks before boarding? Do you see where this is going? We can't eliminate threats completely, and by attempting to achieve the impossible, we're sacrificing human dignity in the process.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The TSA is not a security agency. It is a training agency whose specific purpose is to train citizens to shut up when their rights and their persons are being violated.
    Welcome to Being a Subject 101.

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I pay good money for my tickets! I want the best 'Security Theater' for my entertainment!

14. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

It's pretty much a training for getting used to being treated like inmates.

15. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Its breathing. they are only hired because of there age, race. They couldn't catch a cold if they tried. They gave me a hard time when I was Coming home cause I had my dog tags on that's when TSA was still a new thing. And they had National Guard standing right behind them that was a bigger joke in it's self .

16. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It is a complex, however stupid, situation. They are trying to create the illusion that they are diligently keeping us "safe". They pick on little old ladies, children, and people they feel that they can "safely" jerk around (and fondle) without any risk to themselves. But one thing they ARE accomplishing is getting people used to being herded around and bullied for "national security". There is evidence that now bus stations, train stations are being put into the same situation. Like germany in the 1930's, we won't be allowed to travel unless we show our "papers", and won't be allowed to take certain items with us. Police states have long started out by the government instituting procedures that were disguised as means of keeping the public "safe".

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

We had something similar happen to one of my Marines in a layover at Baltimore airport on our way to Iraq. For some reason when we left our M16's on the plane he decided to take his bolt carrier group with him in his cargo pocket. On the way back to the plane the TSA agent detained him and wouldn't let him through security. The agent didn't care that there were about 400 rifles and 100 pistols on the plane. Eventually we got him through but it was ridiculous. Granted the Marine was dumb for taking the bolt but the agent was just unreal. That was in 05.

18. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Apparently, the current administration does, in fact, regard U.S. military personnel as the "enemy". They know that the military service contains a bunch of true American patriots who would be happy to crush an attempt to establish a dictatorship.

19. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah I read the DHS write up on us Vets. We are on the watch list.