Trying To Get My GA CCW...

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CJohn364, Nov 5, 2012.

1. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

...but didn't realize how much a PITA it is. It almost seems like I have to make an appointment or call ahead to see if the people are available to do it. :-/ Went in this morning and found out the fingerprinting people are going to be tied up in court today.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

"Stuff" varies state to state - Hang tuff ;)

3. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

Yeah. I'm gonna try again Wednesday, but gonna call first before making the drive. LOL

4. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

What county are you in? I had no problems getting my GWCL. Took about an hour all together, fingerprinting and all. Took about 4 weeks to get my actual card in the mail.

5. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I live in Chattahoochie(sp?) Co. I know the process in painless, but it's just frustrating because yesterday was the second time I tried and the people authorized to do the fingerprinting were not available.

6. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Yea best i could tell is to call ahead and make sure they are there

7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

In Fl. you can take the fingerprint card to any Sheriff's office....

Chattahoochee ends with a pair of ee's :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. danolator

danolator New Member

Getting my GA CCW was easier and ten times faster than getting a GA Drivers License. Researched everything online, showed up at the courthouse &8:00 a.m., was over and out of finger printing by 8:30. One week later, my CCW was in the mailbox. It's all about knowing what you need to do before you attempt to do it.

9. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I hope it goes that smoothly. I get off work at 9am and looking to head straight there. I have all the documentation with me and last time I was there, the lady said it shouldn't be an issue on Wed. Let's hope.

10. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Best of luck to you. Always glad to know more people in GA are getting their GWCL.

11. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

Ahahaa!!!! Apparently, the third time is the charm. I successfully applied for my GA CCW permit this morning. I will be able to pick it up as early as Tuesday. :D

12. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Wow congratulations man. That's fast. It Took Floyd county a little longer than that to get the card back to me.

13. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I was expecting them to mail it straight to my house, but it will go to the court house and they will call me to come pick it up.

14. danolator

danolator New Member

Congrats man. Now carry safely and responsibly.

15. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I plan to.

16. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Did mine in Catoosa County, had to clear a couple of things up but the actual process was painless and only too maybe 45 min total time. I'm curious who fingerprinted the folks that was arrested while those people was in court.

17. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I'm hoping they call me today, but they prolly won't. I'm just excited to get it.

18. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Appears we have some pretty quick turn around times on our apps.

19. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

It would appear so. I was surprised when she told me the estimated day it would arrive.

20. Themajickman

Themajickman New Member

My wife got her concealed carry license in Gwinnett County. The only PITA was the fingerprint cards. Apparently they are done in a different location which doesn't make much sense. Once that was done it took about four weeks for the license to arrive in the mail.