Trying to find a iwb holster...

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Flatman6, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

I have a s & w 910. Can anyone recommend a good cc holster for this gun. I always see them for the sigma or m & p but can't find one for the 910 or 915. Are any others compatible with this gun? I carry a couple of other guns regularly, but would like to be able to carry this one as well.

2. undumb

undumb New Member

Have you tried Crossbreed?

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Save the money and call Old Faithfull holsters about a kit. See if the 910 is comparable to other s&w pistols. $39 bucks.

4. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

Second that. Just got my old faithful iwb and love it!

image-2438647495.jpg

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You can try N82tactical.com. They have great IWB holsters. That's what I carry my G35 in everyday! Very, very comfortable!!

image-3389300244.jpg

image-3794061080.jpg

6. dblcrona

dblcrona New Member

I don't know if they have a fit for your pistol, but I have a DeSantis Cozy Partner ITW holster for my Glock 27 and I love it. It is formed leather and has an adjustable retention system that allows you to customize it to your liking. Great holster.

7. leam23

leam23 New Member

Crossbreed . Custom made. Custom fit. Lifetime . Cust serv is phenomenal

8. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

If its hard to find, just take the time to make your own. It will cost you close to nothing, and you can tweak it however you like it. Hobby Lobby has everything you need for around 12 bucks

9. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'll go ahead and third that. Old faithful sells a kit which includes a flat square of kydex, so if you've got some time and the gumption you can make an IWB holster for ANY pistol...PERIOD. Their stuff sells for about $40 and if they DO make a kit for your firearm I would recommend that as opposed to shaping the kydex yourself as there is some prep needed (cardboard cutouts in the shape of your pistol, etc. I bought a quick assembly kit with already formed kydex. All I had to do was put the pieces together. It took me all of 30 minutes and it's made from great quality components; .90 kydex, quality leather, and all made in the USA. Plus it's a small business owner, I like giving my business to those types of businesses.
    check out the reviews on the youtube as well...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  10. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

PJ holsters.... paul can make anything you need in kydex and his prices are about 50 bucks... he his very accommodating all hand made holsters

11. davva360

davva360 New Member

I bought one for my SR9C from the Holster Store. Simple leather IWB but I can barely tell I am carrying the gun it is so comfortable. Not sure how much of that is the gun and how much is the holster but I love it.

12. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

Went ahead and bought the mold your own kit from Old Faithful. They didn't have a match for my gun. Plus, I think it'll be kind of fun to do the molding myself. Thanks everyone for your input.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Awesome. I think you'll be glad you went that way. Take your time and watch the videos on YouTube. Heed the warning re: not using too think a cardboard or plywood when making the cutout for your pistol. The best part is the kydex is pretty forgiving. If you are not happy with the shape you can reheat it and try again as long as you haven't cut it.
    Let us know how it turns out.

14. gfroniewski

gfroniewski New Member

Add another vote to Old Faithful. I am ordering one for my P250 for outdoor and daily carry. If you want a pocket carry or something for leisure outfits I highly recommend Remora no clip holsters. Mine is on the way in size 6 RFT/ART and I have heard nothing but awesome things.

Think about it this way...

Crossbreed- $75-80

Remora- $35
    Old Faithful Stage 3 kit- $40

So you can get two extremely nice holsters of varying types for the price of one gaudy looking crossbreed. Seriously though, check out Old Faithful!!!

15. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

If you haven't, don't think twice; spend the money and enjoy.
    Check out this site, you may be able to find one used for a great price.

http://crossbreedseconds.com/

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I was impressed with the crossbreed but truthfully, there were a few things I disliked. One was the fact that since they rivet the kydex to the leather you can't tighten down the kydex as the leather stretches. The second was the fancy clips, nice, but I don't think it was worth the extra $$. And for less than $50 delivered the old faithful was well the costs.

17. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

For me I like something very light and small just posted this on another thread TAGUA IWB leather holster I love it

Attached Files:

18. austin92

austin92 New Member

Subscribed. Looking for something to comfortably carry a large auto iwb every day. The one I have now I have problems with the whole holster sliding out. There any holster out there that actually has belt loops on the clip so it doesn't slide up? Maybe a thumb break also

19. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The N82 pro tactical I use to carry my G35 never moves. The G35 is the same size as a 1911 or a little bigger. Take a look at there web site to see if they have one for you. It's very comfortable.

20. jedibiker

jedibiker New Member

Has anyone tried the Foxx holster for SOB carry? This seems to be a good spot for me, and the holster seems impressive online. Any real world opinions?