Trying to decide between CZ and Beretta

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by BlindOldMan, Jul 3, 2011.

1. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Real tough decision for me here... I'd like to order one of these in the next couple days but can't decide which one to get (or at least get first). This will be my only purchase for the next few months until Christmas :/.

On the are the Beretta 92 Compact (Beretta 92 COMPACT 9mm 13RD SHIPS FREE) and CZ 75 Compact (CZ-USA CZ 75 Compact 9mm Black, 15 round $483.00 SHIPS FREE).

I have full size versions of these guns. Actually, it's a Beretta 96 which is the .40 cal version. I bought it used. The Beretta is super comfortable in my hand and I love the balance. However, I'm not quite used to the sight picture or something is funky because I always shoot low and left with it.

The CZ75 is one of my favorite shooters. I love the weight, the balance, the sights.

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I just picked up a CZ 75 Compact in the Satin Nickel finish. It has a nice solid feel to it, well balanced and nice hand-to-grip fit. The plastic guide rod and grips are due for replacement but overall I am happy with it. Shoots nice out of the box and the inner parts are free of any visible machine marks or sloppy working that some CZ owners complain of.

From what I understand Beretta no longer makes the 92 Compact and the ones that Buds has are recent imports from an older production run. Not trying to sway your opinion or saying there is anything wrong with them, just thought you would want to know since parts, mags, etc may be a bit harder to get. Beretta makes a fine gun and my 92 performed flawlessly.

Either way you go you will end up with a reliable, accurate gun.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, the CZ 75 compact 9mm would be my pick. :cool:

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I gotta vote for the Beretta. I have had both guns. But I traded in my CZ for another beretta. IMO, the beretta is a better pistol to me.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is strictly my personal opinion, but I prefer the ergonomics of the CZ75 series over the Beretta's.

6. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Where's Shipwreck when ya need him?

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

She wants you to buy a CZ....

[​IMG]

8. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

OK, that counts as five votes :p

9. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Actually that's 7 votes. You forgot about the 2 under her shirt...

10. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Hahah...

Well, it is true that Beretta hasn't imported the compacts in over 10 years. They just "appeared" one day. Beretta would not recognize that theyy were even here, when people contacted them directly (my local shop did, and others online have).

They were not mentioned at Shotshow, according to people who went there. So, they could be gone tomorrow, or still around in a year. No one knows (they still aren't listed at the Beretta USA website).

Buds is not the only place to have them - Bud's was just the first. Academy Sports stores carry them, as do many gun shops now. But, the supply is unknown...

Obviously, I'd say to get the Beretta over the CZ. Stripping the frame is super easy when you watch some free videos online. You can drop in a $6 spring called a "D spring," and lighten your DA pull by about 3.5 lbs, and the SA pull by 1lb. VERY easy to do, and the gun is still reliable.

[​IMG]