Trying To Construct Hidden Gun

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by The_Hunting_Clown, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Hunting_Clown

The_Hunting_Clown New Member

Hi Dudes, I Am An Rookie In Construction Of Guns

I Am Trying To Construct An Hidden Gun

So By Basic Concept Is "PEN GUN" It Is Similar To Hidden Gun

Ive Constructed The Outer Prototype , Wat About Bullets , Can Ant 1 Suggest Me On Bullets (The Shld Not Kill But Hurt Them [Shld Not Pierce Through Body])

And I Want It Semiautomatic

2. 7skullz

7skullz New Member

First off- this would be an incredibly difficult task to pull off at any skill level- I want you to know that. Sorry to burst your bubble.

IF it were possible, you'd probably have to go with maybe a .22 short or a 9x19 parabellum, although it'd still be on the big side.

And as for the semiautomatic... well, suffice to say that this would be as single fire as a black powder rifle, although a tad easier to reload.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem feasible to me.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Lets just go ahead and mention the fact that you are atttempting to create a firearm without the appropriate Federal licensing. In whole, you are comiiting a federal felony and you should be reported to the ATF at once. ADMIN notified.

4. The_Hunting_Clown

In Our Country Homemade Firearm Is LEGAL

5. The_Hunting_Clown

Well Here Is My Hidden Blade

HIDDEN
    [​IMG]

UNSHEATHED
    [​IMG]

Hidden Gun
    [​IMG]

I LOCK IT THERE
    [​IMG]

6. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Yes, you can make homemade gun as long as you dont make them from imported gun parts, and your gun does not break any gun laws, and you DO NOT SELL THEM, so yes, you are allowed to make your own guns, now that being said, You arnt gonna make a semi auto from scrap plain and simple, a pen gun is the best you will get and i recomend going with 9mm, iv have been thinking of making one myself but keep putting it off, would be a fun toy to have.

For you people who say you cant make guns and need to be reported to the BATF.......

From ATF website:
    Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o) and (r), 26 U.S.C. 5822, 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

In english it means you can make guns for private use (as long as you can own a gun), but if you wana make a real gun (I.E for sale) you have to get permission and pay taxes.

7. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

PS I have seen the pen guns shot in 20 gauge and it isnt really that bad recoil, might be something to look into.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Legal or not, most people do not have the testing equipment required. I, for one, would not like to shoot a round off in a firearm and not knowing if it can withstand the pressure. I like my body too much to take such a chance.

9. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

all you need is a table, tape, and string to trigger it to test it :D
    but no really, thats why you buy good steel thats more then thick enough. This guys pen gun case looks..err less then adequate for my taste, that looks like a shower rod :rolleyes:

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Couple of points here-
    Clown- you did not say where you are located, nor does your profile indicate a country (as do some of our overseas members) so the assumption was made that you are in the US, and subject to US law.

For the rest- Under US law, you may make a firearm for your own use. However, there are some limitations. Making a disguised firearm that can fire while disguised is highly regulated by the BATFE. Those are called AOWs, and must be registered BEFORE being built. A "pen gun" that looks like a pen when it is being fired is one such example.

A 20 g "pen gun" is likely to have other issues- such as barrel length, being classed as a "destructive device" since it is over .50 cal, etc. And firing SHOT (as opposed to gas, flares, etc, it WILL have significant recoil.

Clown, your goal of "bullets will hurt but not pierce skin" is not realistic for a firearm. Even blank cartridges can pierce the skin, and HAVE killed people. You may be better served by something in the AirSoft concept- using a 6mm plastic BB. These are on the market using spring power, electric power, and assorted compressed gasses. It is also much less likely to do damage to the shooter if your engineering and machining skills are less highly developed than you thought.

Regards- C3

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Sorry, but I have to say that this thread is further proof that video games are a bad influence on children. Just reading this and looking at those pictures makes me truly understand why the liberals want so many laws to control weapons. The OP is a poster child for the Brady bunch. Calling it as I see it...

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I honestly can't believe this discussion has gone as long as it has without someone saying this is one of the worst ideas seen in a while. You're talking about making a zip gun..... and if you scab it together the way you did that rediculuous knife I don't want to be anywhere near it when you actually consider loading it.

13. The_Hunting_Clown

An Perfect Guess Its An Shower Rod

Any Suggestions For Bullets (Not Real One)

14. The_Hunting_Clown

This Guy Is Not An "Child" But An Adult HEAVY GAMER :mad:

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have to say, After looking at the picture of the "hidden gun" that looks like an accident waiting to happen. Gun manufactures use safeties for a reason. I could see your finger bumping that lever and shooting yourself or someone else nearby. If I saw you at a range with that I would not stick around.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

DUDE when you get this done make sure to video tape you blowing your arm off. You will be a youtube instant interwebs celebrity. With the problems you have in talking or well typing I would not want you around guns, knives, children, or small pet animals.

Over all I think you are going to get yourself into big trouble with this dumb sh!t your building.

Remember If you are in the USA you may want to rethink packing a sword like that as many areas will call it a concealed weapon and make you have a permit.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A looonnnngggg string :)

I was trying to be nice. Clown, you are asking for too many problems. Give it up. Get a life, there are so many other things to enjoy than games.

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Can you say "Taxi Driver"?

19. suprdave

suprdave New Member

This is the dumbest idea I have ever seen. You actually want to fire a bullet out of a shower rod? Do you know what shower rods were made for? I"ll answer that for you. They were made for hanging shower curtains. This will end badly. This is the first time I have ever considered flagging a post. Please do not do this, and to the other members of FTF, please stop giving this gamer info that will hurt or possibly kill him. Now back to you regularly scheduled programming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.