Trying to conceal my PT111

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by PIMking, Jul 25, 2010.

1. PIMking

PIMking New Member

I have an IWB holster but I just can't seem to conceal it very well.

I'm 5'9 155lb now but I seem to have a nice bulge and dont feel comfortable walking around with it like that. People will know that I have a weapon and that isn't kosher with me.

2. PIMking

PIMking New Member

any ideas?

I will try to take pictures tomorrow.

3. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

My normal casual wear is a tee shirt over my 3" 1911 (or KT PF9/G27 dependent on my mood) with an unbuttoned shirt over that. It conceals my IWB nicely for me in that manner. Dressier occasions call for a LCP in a pocket holster.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Crossbreed supertuck. I don't know what holster you have but IMO, that is the best one out there. I'm 6' 180 so we're about the same build and I have no problems hiding it in a t shirt an shorts. If you're planning on wearing a tight fitting shirt you can forget it. My wife works at Eddie Bauer and I was wearing their large but started getting large long. They aren't too long where I'm wearing a dress but gives me an extra inch or so that really help.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

You will need to go up a size on your shirts if they are not real loose. it also helps to wear shirts with a print. Solid colors do not hide bulges well. Dont waste your money on any thing by uncle mikes. Bianci makes a nice strong side outside the waistband holster for the glock 26. It also fits your gun. It runs about 60 bucks. Nicie rig. Worth every penny. It has a release lever you operate with your midlle finger.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The pt111 is a pretty small pistol. If you can't conceal it well you have issues. :D

Try an waistband pancake holster canted, try the supertuck, blackhawk check-six, high noon holsters,etc...there are lots of options.

7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

well I found the issue... Uncle mikes...

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Don't tell me you were trying to use one of those cheesy $15 iwb's? They are cheap and will ensure your gun falls out when you bend over.

Rules for carrying 1. Quality gun 2. Quality belt 3. Quality holster. You will regret any compromise of these three basics. I have!

9. PIMking

PIMking New Member

actually it's pretty tight in the holster. Just where the clip on the holster is pretty low so over half of the pistol is over the waist band.

I might actually make my own. I'm pretty good with stuff like that.

10. Byrdguy

Byrdguy Member

Buy quality and only cry once.

11. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Uncle mike's

We people come in different shapes and sizes, keep this in mind
    The advantage of this kind of holster is you can modify it any way you want. for instance:

You can detach the plastic clip half way down, and now you can tuck your shirt.

You can detach the whole thing altogether, put the gun in holster, put holster in pants , find a comfortable position in which:
    -The bulge of the gun disperses within you, or is not obvious..
    -The grip doesn't show as much.
    -Once you're done check on a mirror the angle at which the clip should match your pants and belt level. You might need the help of someone.
    -Mark with a white crayon to make sure.
    -sew it in, I know it's a pain but the pay off is worth it.

Something important though, if it is an xd or something big you are trying to conceal, there lays the problem.

I personally carry an PF9:
    [​IMG]
    her with glow-on.com night sights, it is very thin and I had to turn a right hand uncle mike's holster to a modified lefty holster to carry SOB
    and none can tell, I can even tuck in a shirt, my wife doesn't know I carry, she'll know only when I draw.

Remember the name of the game is concealment , otherwise derringers wouldn't exist.

Once you can conceal the weapon, practice at home, without ammo, how to present.
    by the way that baby of yours looks like a real good candidate fora small of the back concealment or a strong side bellow belt level conceal.

Live long, live free.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  12. DoctorB

DoctorB New Member

I conceal my Taurus Millenium PT111 G2 9mm with a Sneaky Pete holster. Only one person has ever asked me what that thing was on my belt.