Truth spoken in jest

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by c3shooter, Jul 31, 2011.

1. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I saw that in this mornings funnies. Surprised me to see the geek is a prepper.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The true survivalist looks on the proclaimed "I'm Prepared" as storage centers. [​IMG]

"Are you prepared?" isn't a question, it's a kōan.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Fireguy- Dillbert is a prepper.

The female engineer is a survivalist.

4. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Something that I tried to figure out earlier, at what point do people stop being convenient stores of goods and start becoming allies? Or is it just a free for all?

5. oldshooter

oldshooter New Member

I tried to look at this but was blocked by my virus protection . Said there is virus attached to this URL. Please be advised and take proper steps to protect your computer.

6. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

You know the sound of two hands clapping; what is the sound of one?

When those who want to proclaim where and how they have stores of food, water, etc., those who are more aggressive in nature now know where to go to find what they need. One should never proclaim where your stores are. It is all well and good to be prepared, and what someone should include in such a "store," but a mobilized group of people could very well use the information.

And, the fact that it would be very hard to defend off a hostile group bent on taking what they need from your stores, it would be best not to provide this information to everyone.

That is where allies will become important, people will need to band together to form small groups of allies with others that have various skills that could benefit the allied group, such as biologist to help grow food and purify water, hunters to help secure animal goods, mechanics to help build tools and modes of transportation, medical personnel for the sick and injured, metal workers to help with building materials, former military/militant organizers to help lead and defend the allies, etc.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed grasshopper. :D

Suggestions on "What, How to and Why" will always be much safer intel than "I" :cool:

"BEAD WINDOW"

8. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I hope somebody from FTF will let me into their bunker.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."