Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
this is exactly what i did. I have had some on going "conversations" with some pretty liberal minded (as well as some "conservatives" that think banning those evil high capacity automatic clips is a good idea) people about gun control of late.

I just thought i would pass it along for others to use in their "conversations". I KNOW MANY are having this "conversation" on spacebook as am i.
I've done the same thing, had some rather drawn out reasonable, rational discussions with those people. The problem is, they don't take reason or rationality into account when stating how they feel. In the end it's a lot like the abortion issue, nobody's mind gets changed at all. Half the time it ends up being a heated argument with some of the more liberal minded folk and no amount of reason is going to soak in. No amount of verifiable statistics will make a difference. It's like talking to a child whose mind is made up and I end up feeling I'm just wasting my time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.