Trusts for NFA firearms

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by tinbucket, Aug 25, 2017.

1. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

No new manufactured ones for civilian use after 1986. But finding a transferable one that was made before then is doable. Then you have folks using bump Fire stocks and duplex triggers. Then grandfathered full auto sears and caliber conversions and it can get confusing.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

What Doc said up there ^^^. Trust or not, you cannot get a NEW machinegun unless you are a Law Enforcement AGENCY or an Army.

Only MGs that were ALREADY registered in May 1986 can be transferred to a private party.

4. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

Doc is right. an NFA Trust only makes the procedure to get approved easier. it in no way drops the price on fully auto firearms.

last email i got from an NFA dealer in fully auto firearms, lowest price on an M16 was a hair over $20K. fully auto Thompson SMG was in the $29K range. some of the cheapest fully auto's were some of the little Cobray MAC 10's running in the $5K to $7K range.

i remember reading a story a couple of years ago on another forum, some guy linked from somewhere. a guy ran across some sort of German SMG, he was pretty sure his grandfather had brought back as war trophy, they had found it in the attic or basement. well it had never been registered before the cut-off date in 1986, so it had to be turned into the BATFE for destruction.

that's why fully auto firearms are so expensive, is because there is very limited number of them that are registered for legal sale to civilians.

5. SSGN_Doc

You could have a terrorist training camp near you or nazi bikers.

6. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

7. tinbucket

8. Dallas53

Mr. Tinbucket, not everything has to be about politics or controversial subjects. he was making a joke.

put the politics aside, or take them to an appropriate section of the forum. this is not that section, unless you want the moderators to close th thread.

9. tinbucket

10. tinbucket

SSGN Doc sorry bout that. For some reason I didn't lock in on the meaning or sarcastic humor.
    First misteak I ever made. :)

11. SSGN_Doc

No worries. It's kind of my fault for putting a provoking bee under your tinfoil hat.

I agree that they should make relaxations to the NFA. When the NFA was enacted there were no universal background checks, waiting periods or any of the other "safeguards" in place to help try to weed out those who may have criminal records or other indicators of potential social instability.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If you have a clean record and a pocket full of money, you can get a machine gun, even though you are white. I can suggest a good dealer if you are in need of one.

13. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

So you don't need a special permit or tax stamp for a bump fire set up?

14. Dallas53

as far as i know, no permit or stamp needed. BATFE defines a fully auto firearm as one that fires more than one round per trigger pull. the bump-fire doesn't change that function of the trigger.

ever seen and heard Jerry Miculek fire a pistol? it sounds almost like it's fully auto! so even if you fire it faster, as long as only one round is fired per trigger pull, it's legal.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

No permit, but you need to be a magician to hit a target using the technique. It is spray and pray squared.

Dallas53 likes this.
  16. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Yes i can see how it would be hard to hit the target. I took my ar style 22 out and shot it as fast as i could this eve. Did ok shooting off the bench with the bipod. But standing not so hot lol.

17. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

There's a new "Legal" trigger on the market for AR's,if you want to waste $479 on it. It's called the Echo trigger.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNtqjsiq5U[/ame]

18. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Franklin, has their binary firing system, on sale for $387. It fires once on the pull, and once on the release. With some practice you can get both fast and accurate with it.

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

But you can chose how you want to fire the Echo trigger. Safety - Single Fire - Echo Fire, The selector switch has 3 positions.

20. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

So does the Franklin: Safe; Semi; Binary.