Truglo 30mm red dot...

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by ThinkFastHolsters, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

Has anyone had experience with this optic? I just got my side rail mount for my bulgy ak74 and am considering using this particular sight. Any opinions/suggestions

2. Wambli

Wambli Member

I put one on a Winchester 1300 slug gun and it held up Ok. That is my only experience with them so I don't know if they are great sights or I just lucked out but I would not have a problem buying another one.

3. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Yes, just bought one for my Mossberg 500. LIke it very much (once I mounted in facing the right direction)! :D

I got the very inexpensive model (TG8030P) that has end caps that don't flip up and can't be seen through. Paid $40 @ Dick's Sporting Goods. Gander Mountain has it for $30, I believe.

I think the more common (and more expensive) model is the TG8030B. It has the flip-up, see-though lens caps. If this model was available to me at the store, I probably would have bought this one, as the removable, solid caps are less convenient and less user-friendly.

The windage and elevation adjustments require a flat-head screwdriver (or coin) and are indexed (click).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have a Truglo TG8030DB in my shopping cart at Amazon right now and will buy it later this week. It has red or green dot options and the flip up/see through lens caps.

I'm going to mount it on my Mossberg 9200 when I pick it up. The gunsmith I deal with has one on his shotgun and he's very happy with it. He trains a bunch at Front Sight and has taken that shotgun and scope combination through some of their courses. That suggests to me that it's a pretty decent and stout sight for the money.

5. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

Thanks a bunch guys! If you are mounting on shotguns I'm sure it'll hold up on a 5.45 :)

6. knfxda

knfxda New Member

They claim on their website, that this RDS will withstand 1000g.