"True Grit" remake

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Oct 1, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah...No. Some things are best left alone.

3. CGO

CGO New Member

I agree.
    There's only one John Wayne and no one can fill his boots.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have mixed feelings....

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I'll give it a try but yeah...

Theres only one.

Attached Files:

• jw.jpg
      jw.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
  6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG]

His statue at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, Kalifornia.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Based on what you've all said, I'm not going to see the film and I'm sorry I posted it. :(

[​IMG]

NOT!!!!

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

You just wanted a reason to use your Snot picture.:D

9. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

See there Lon, If you would have called when you came through town the other day I could have taken you by a couple of the sets. The shot for about 3-4 days a few miles from the house and the "town" set was about 30 minutes away.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Oh that's awesome!

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I LOVE that picture. :eek:

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

People, just keep repeating to yourself......"it's only a movie....it's only a movie....it's only a movie."

So seeing that movie is disrespecting John Wayne? Puh-leeze........

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am not a big fan of the Coen Brothers. They are talented, of that there is little doubt. The problem I have is their movies garner WAY more respect and interest than they deserve. At best they are quirky, at the worst they are poorly directed with great camera angles & good music.

No Country for Old Men - That movie sucked and I wanted my money back. I liked the character of Anton Chigurh, but Josh Brolin's character had all this build up and then he gets clipped by some no names and we don't even get to see it?! The hell?! The best parts of the movie were in the trailer.

O' Brother Where Art Thou - Yeah, whoever green light that piece of crap should have been looking for a friggin job when the trailer was released.

Fargo - NEXT! I left the theater halfway thru the acting was so awful.

As for the remake - I have a standing rule that I will never again pay to see a Coen brother movie, so unless it comes on Showtime or something, I am going to have to pass.

This does signal that it is time for the westerns to start making their way back into the theater again and that is a good thing. We also get one very good Western for the ages when this happens. Open Range & Unforgiven being the ones that leap to memory of the recent cycles. :D

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I, on the other hand, LOVE the Coen brothers' films. Lebowski, A Simple Man, No Country, O Brother, Fargo....all of 'em. But I understand that not everyone does. I guess it's an acquired taste.

15. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Well I want to see it because of Jeff Bridges!! I love to watch his movies. It looked as if was going to be pretty good so I am with you Lon on this one :D

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I do love Lebowski, that is a great flick and can be watched over and over again. A definite shear glint of genius - but the sun even shines on a dog's hind end some days. :p

I will be looking for the movie report Lon!

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Probably a moot point, as the nearest movie theater is about an hour away! ::mad:

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No wonder you have all that happy shooting ground. :)

We have an adults only theater that is about an hour away. Super cool. Chairs that recline like in your living room, they bring you a blanket and you have chairside service for drinks ( even booze, suprdave would be in heaven ) and snacks. It rocks. It's a drive, but OH so worth it when you want to see a really good movie and don't want to listen to tweens chatting away or babies crying.

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I've been to a theater like that....the only way to fly!

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I don't know. I like Jeff Bridges, but I thought Crazy Heart sucked. I still like the Big Lebowski.

That said, I'll check it out when it hits cable or comes out on DVD. I'm a big Western fan and we're overdue for another classic. But I don't think this will be the one.

The Duke is Rooster Cogburn. He owns it.