True glow red dot

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by 97cobra, Apr 12, 2012.

1. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I was given a true glow 2x42 red dot sight yesterday. I want to put it on my WASR 10 AK-47 but I do not know what type of mount will work on them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

2. Glore

Glore New Member

I got a UTG quick detach for mine. I'm very pleased with the quality. It actually has a side rail that will soon be home to a tactical light.

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

You can order bolt covers with a rail installed on it from many

suppliers, J&G, Sarcoinc, and Midway, to name a couple.

You just pull your old cover, pop on the new one, and

viola!

You want to make sure either the fit is tight,

or you do something to snug it up, for best accuracy.

4. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I ordered one of them this morning. How easy is it to install? Does the system work good?

5. Glore

Glore New Member

It has always returned to zero just fine for me. Here is a tip (I would suggest searching for the YouTube video where I saw this) when I got mine I backed the bottom screw out several turns. When you install it and lock the lever it clamps down on the side optic rail. You want it to fit snug but not bend out of shape. I backed mine out and it was still plenty tight (never had an issue with over 250 rounds). So just a word of advice, make sure your screw is backed out and adjusted properly, because of the way it is designed it needs to be removed prior to cleaning and if it's constantly placed on the rifle I can see it wearing prematurely. Just my opinion. The pic below is the screw I'm referring to.

Attached Files:

6. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Thanks. I should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait to get it on, but thanks again for the help.

7. Glore

Glore New Member

No problem, glad I could help. Let me know how things turn out.

8. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

how much was yours? Amazon has some thought about it read some reviews sounds really good.

9. Glore

Glore New Member

I got faster shipping.

Attached Files:

10. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

I like it looks cool I'm just waiting for money day. Some say it is a little bent at times but barely and you can either bend it or just sight the red dot more is this true ?

11. Glore

Glore New Member

I think some reviews are referring to the detach lever. I read reviews that it is flimsy. I did not find this to be the case. I explained earlier the need to unscrew the screw on the bottom so it does not crank so tight. As far as the rail being bent I couldn't imagine that ever being the case. I had on order a KVar but they were sold out everywhere I looked and one outfit failed to tell me and took the order anyway. Two weeks of wondering where my rail was I called only to find out it was backordered. I wasn't too happy and cancelled my order and picked up This rail. I'm pretty picky when it comes to things I put on my gun. Honestly the quality of this rail beat my expectations and for the price (compared to the 99.00 KVar) it's a good deal. If the rail was bent I would not hesitate to send it back. If it was just barely bent I would not bend it myself, if your red dot will zero in it I'd call it good. You run the risk of bending and marring up the rail. I'm pretty positive the majority of people were speaking of the detach lever not the rail mount itself, and if you read my prior post an do it right the lever is PLENTY strong for its purpose. If you have anymore questions or I can help you out let me know, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this rail.

12. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

You are awesome ordering one asap

13. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

image-837958950.jpg

I got it all on. All that's left is to sight it in.

14. Glore

Glore New Member

Awesome! Please tell, what's your opinion of it?

15. Glore

Glore New Member

Also how do you like the stock? Does it function properly? Wish a friend had an AK one that I could shoot before I drop the money on it. Bet they are fun!!

16. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

It worked flawlessly. Got it sighted in half a**ed. Mainly worried about shooting the new colt I got.

Stock works great. I still mainly shoot semi auto but every once in a while I'll let a magazine fly. It works great too. Haven't had a problem yet. Loads of fun.