Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Story Here: http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_20429521/boss-driver-took-wrong-turn-into-juarez-load-ammo?source=most_viewed

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

How the hell do you make a wrong turn off of I-10 and head towards Mexico? :confused:

something doesn't smell right about this story :cool:

3. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Could be it happened that way. What if old Jobin Akeem had not have got caught at the border. He would be one rich dude? I wonder?:D

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The thing I find funny is, They found it on his way back to the US... If he wanted to he coulda dropped it off in Mexico....

5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

" what are you gonna say, you slipped and fell and your @!#& fell into my wife?" -- from die hard. See any correlation to this thread?

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Maybe Obama and Holder decided that they needed to supply the ammo for those guns they illegally sent across the border.

7. Black Talon

Black Talon New Member

That’s from The Last Boy Scout, actually.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? :eek: a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it? :eek:

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST :cool: not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge! :rolleyes:

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

No, not all truckers have gps and i have been through many Border Patrol check points and never been searched. All they ever ask me when i pulled into the checkpoint was "Are you an American citizen?" Of course im a white redheaded irish guy that looks like 'Scott' from the Scott's commercials.

Id say he got some bad directions and coupled with the fact that he wasnt paying attention to signs he crossed the border. When i drove OTR, on more than a couple trips i got some really bad directions from my company via the Qual-comm sat link. Once ended up way out in B.F.E. in southern indiana on a narrow gravel farm road with a bridge with a 3 ton weight limit in front of me.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is it just me or does the drivers name sound like he is related to Obama? On a serious note I find this entire thing hard to believe. I've never been over the border but I would assume its well posted.

11. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

First off guys, Border Patrol doesn't work at the Port of Entry, thats Customs.

Also, I've seen a alot of idiots drive into Mexico and didn't know it until it was to late. All you got to do is read the giant signs telling you where your going. I've even seen alot of Cops go south during a vehicle pursuits. Now watching them try and make their way back north was interesting. Needles to say their vehicles were a little banged up in the process.

12. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I wish a truck like that would make a wrong turn and stop at my house. That should be enough ammo for about a month or so!

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Its CBP...Customs and Border Patrol...its the same dept. Border patrol does work the border and ports of entry. They also have checkpoints north of the border in all southern states that border mexico. In AZ on I-19 coming north from Nogales to Tucson you'll hit one of those checkpoints about 15 miles from the border. Ive also been through the checkpoint north of Laredo Tx about 20 times as well as ones in New Mexico, others in Texas, Arizona and California.

Yes, there are signs that warn of that you are about to cross the border. You would have to be a real idiot to not see the signs or be asleep at the wheel...i dont know whats worse.

Also alot of the times vehicles are stopped at the border is because the driver or occupants seemed to act strange. CBP officers say that a real red flag is things like a driver looking away to avoid eye contact or someone acting figgity or restless. A small number of vehicles are actually stopped and searched. Dogs are also used heavily. Everytime i went through one there was at least one K-9 team between each traffic lane.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Border Patrol works all points of entry/egress along our southern border. I would think, it's just a guess, but I would think that a truck full of ammo, heading south to Mexico, might warrant a little bit more thorough a looksee :rolleyes:

But like I stated earlier, the driver supposedly asked for cop for directions? and there is a place to turn around before one gets to the bridge! So how the hell did this guy end up south of da border? :eek:

Something doesn't smell right :cool:

15. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

Customs and Border Patrol are not the same thing. I joined the Border Patrol back in 1992. Sometimes Border Patrol Agents are assigned to help out at the POE but its usually Customs job to watch traffic going north and south. POE and checkpoints are also two different things.

As far as this guy going south, he's an idiot. There are huge signs everywhere warning you, you are about to enter Mexico.

I'm with you on this one dog, something doesn't smell right. Lets see what comes up of this.

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Me thinks whoever hired him was looking for a knuckle dragging in bred mouth breather that would work for whatever wage they paid him. GPS, we don't need to friggin GPS, those things cost money.

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

You cant fully trust gps in a big rig anyways

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

had he went the wrong way on Rt 54 and drove another 1100 miles he could have dropped it off at my place ;)