Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
They make an a.r that dicks carries. Ive held one. Its quite nice. Its only 1099 and has like 600$ of troy crap on it. I think i want one now. Im rambling. More coffee please

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes dicks sporting goods is carrying this. Very very nice rig. I have no idea who is making the bcg or barrel but its loaded up with alot of troy goodies. Some where between $550-$600 worth. And seems relatively cheap for what's included. Only time will tell.
Oh and be on the lookout for Primary Arms new stripped lower. I believe they have teamed up with Seekins on this one but u won't see it til Dec.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
You should submit that roll mark to the appropriate thread, its a looker!

Honestly I was looking at the carbine 14 a bit more than the 556 models.

A 12" .308 cqb m1? I'm. Dying to try that out!

With Troy's reputation for thoughtful and quality design I'm sure the 5.56 models at $1100 are gonna be well worth the money.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Glad to see Troy branching out. Lots of quality ARs out there these days. At least I'd expect Troy to be high quality. Thanks for adding the pic to the lower thread, havoc...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yes dicks sporting goods is carrying this. Very very nice rig. I have no idea who is making the bcg or barrel but its loaded up with alot of troy goodies. Some where between $550-$600 worth. And seems relatively cheap for what's included. Only time will tell.
Oh and be on the lookout for Primary Arms new stripped lower. I believe they have teamed up with Seekins on this one but u won't see it til Dec.
Sounds like a good deal, even with it sounding like you two like dicks a lot :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
For the 16" barrels, Troy has been using LWRCi CHF Ni-Corr lined barrels. Whether they are continuing to use those barrels for the current production, I do not know, but I have a couple of their Carbine gas uppers and they both have the LWRCi barrels.

For $1099 at dick's, it is an absolute bargain! Just the uppers I have cost almost that much!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
For the 16" barrels, Troy has been using LWRCi CHF Ni-Corr lined barrels. Whether they are continuing to use those barrels for the current production, I do not know, but I have a couple of their Carbine gas uppers and they both have the LWRCi barrels.

For $1099 at dick's, it is an absolute bargain! Just the uppers I have cost almost that much!
Great info. Didn't know that. Do they make a Cali model?

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Guy on barfcom says he picked one up for $990 with a $30 gift certificate. I'm going to mark this down as the best deal for an Ar15 under 1k. Wowsers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guy on barfcom says he picked one up for $990 with a $30 gift certificate. I'm going to mark this down as the best deal for an Ar15 under 1k. Wowsers.
Seriously, I can't think of another rifle with all the extras for that price! Awesome rail system...awesome sights...awesome vfg...melonited CHF barrel!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
So they are available at Dicks now? I check out the troydefense site. It says exclusively for Dicks. Even at Dicks site.. showing Troy's products too.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts